Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Changing Vocational Rehab Counselor

Rate this question

Question

How do I change my current VR&E Counselor? This is what the whole thing is about. Plus other various small reasons of why I want to change counselors. It clearly states it in black and white.

Am I reading this wrong:

http://www.vba.va.go...oc/sa_rates.pdf

Scroll down to page four. The very top paragraph; last sentence states: "Training in foreign institutions and training that is solely on-line or in-home will be based on the national average BAH." All of my training is currently on-line and I never leave the house. Not for school anyway. I get paid about $900. However, the National Average is roughly $1300. Obviously a HUGE difference. So, my question is should I get paid the national average BAH or the zip code of the school's BAH or the BAH of the town I am living in?? I live in North Carolina; the school is in Alabama. Can anybody confirm this or had a similiar experience? Very confusing.

P.S. If you look at the chart below scroll down to page 5, The section titled: "Training consisting of solely distance learning." It states that the pay should be half the national average. So what the hell is going on. I am puzzled over this one.

Edited by Guest

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

If it was me I would ask the Voc Rep to speak to the supervisor or go to your VARO and talk to one of their guys and ask them to explain why the discrepency. I got 900 in 1998 so the 900 you are getting now should be higher.

Good luck.

You can also ask for a tudor if you need one and since you are enrolled online they should consider a new and good computer.

Pete

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

If it was me I would ask the Voc Rep to speak to the supervisor or go to your VARO and talk to one of their guys and ask them to explain why the discrepency. I got 900 in 1998 so the 900 you are getting now should be higher.

Good luck.

You can also ask for a tudor if you need one and since you are enrolled online they should consider a new and good computer.

Pete

Yea I will need some good luck. Ask for a tutor? I have to ask her, as a reminder, to pay for my tuition and books. A computer and a tutor? No way! Not with this feminist man hating lady.