Agent Orange Kadena Afb Okinawa

clynch726

Question

I am looking for anyone who was on Kadena AFB, Okinawa or .Chanute AFB, IL. My dad was there from Oct. 68-April 70. He has ichemic heart disease, diabetes which has resulted in the amputation of his right leg below the knee and peripheral neuropathy. We were denied in 2002 AMVETS filed a claim on his behalf for heart condition, diabetes and back problems. I refiled in December 2011 and have just received the claim statements and medical release forms. I am familiar with filling out this paper work because my husband is a combat veteran of Iraqi Freedom. I have been reading articles from the Japan times and I am a member of the Agent Orange Okinawa facebook page. Another thing that helps make my dad's case is that he was on Chanute AFB, IL and it is on the EPA Superfund list and has PCBs/Pesticides and Dioxins/Furans listed as ground and water contaminants. I welcome any advice, tips or articles that I may have missed in my own research.

• Like 2

• HadIt.com Elder

rkitch, your post was under the 3rd page-I added it  here to the 4th page-

Some Okinawa vets have succeeded in getting SC due to AO.

https://www.stripes.com/news/2-vets-win-agent-orange-exposure-cases-from-okinawa-1.457227

• E-2 Recruit
  •  
  • New User Review
  • 1 post

"I was on Okinawa with the 4252nd on Kadena in 1969 for a 6 month TDY with the 7th Bomb Wing out of FT Worth, Texas."

•  

Clynch726  

I am working on my husbands claim for TDIU and came accross you asking for anyone who was at Kadena in Okinawa. My husband (now deceased. Killed by VA negligence) was both in VietNam (Blue water, on ship) AND in Kadena some time between 69 - 71. He had both DMII,  IHD and PN.  I am currently trying to get his claims through from before he had passed. If you have gotten any evidence towards Kadena, It would also be helpful to me..  Side Note: he was also in the proper time frame for Camp LeJeun contamination.  I hope you are making progress!! I am very aware of the pain and  how life altering these situations are and all  that these veterans go through. He is EXTREMELY lucky to have you helping him,, I pray for the ones that don't have anyone.. as a VSO is usually pointless. I thank him for his service... AND if the VA doesn't stop denying what is "DUE" these Vets, they will be "Hardpressed" to get anyone in the future to want to join!! God help us all!   

My husband was a crew chief on F-16 fighter jets. He was stationed at Kadena Air Base in Okinawa Japan. In 2000 he was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma and in 2001 he had a bone marrow transplant. He was forced to retire from his career because they said he was unfit to serve world wide because his cancer is incurable and he would need to be monitored regularly.

We started the journey to apply for benefits in 2000 and have been denied multiple times. We finally hired an attorney who is very experienced with this type of matter. We are at the stage where we will appeal to a higher stage. If that doesn't work, we'll go to the hearing stage. I cannot believe they deny AO was at Kadena. My husband saw it being sprayed around buildings for weed control and he actually at times sprayed the area.

We also included another area where he could have become ill.  He handled jet fuel almost everyday for over 20 years, which could have contributed to his situation.

That's our story. Our attorney believes we will win. I hope he is right.