VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Effective Date Of Claim

Rate this question

Ricky

Question

In Feb 03 I filed a claim for an increased rating for a back problem. My back injury was SC at zero percent. In a July 05 rating VA denied my claim. I submitted a NOD in Aug 05. In Jan 06 VA approved a 10 percent rating for my back with an effective date of Jan 06. I think the effective date should have been Feb 03 the date of the original claim. I did not miss any dates for the NOD ect......... The same rating approved an increase in my SC hypertension from 10 to 20 percent effective Feb 03. I do not know what they did. Should I file another NOD on the effective date? Thanks

Ricky

Forgot to mention: The back claim is included in my Feb 06 formal appeal (VA9). However, the only issue appealed was the rating percentage. I feel it should have been 20 percent vs the 10 they gave. I did not notice the effective date until last night while reviewing my claim. Will a NOD mess up my formal appeal? how should I handle this. Thanks

Edited by Ricky

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question