• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

• Ad Free Subscription.jpgOne Time Financial Gift.jpg

Subscriptions and Gifts are NOT Tax Deductible. HadIt.com is NOT a Non Profit.

carlie

Disability Benefits Questionnaires

That is why the veteran will require their doctor to write a NEXUS letter. Most doctors will not do it. You can also get a Nurse Practioner or Physical Assistant to write it as well. Better yet, you write it and bring in the supporting documentation. Have the doc's admin assistant put it on his/her letter head and ask them to sign it. If your going to have more than one provider sign the statement, have more than one NEXUS letter written up. If the VA believes it's a form letter, they will put little value on it.

Ad

I have a question relating to DBQ's.  I am currently receiving 10% for thoracolumbar spine strain that was initially issued in 2010 when I left the Navy.  Since then it has become worse and I have been seeing a spine Dr and receiving injections for it.  My ROM has decreased in my back.  I used the DAV and I applied for an increase and went in for the scheduled appointment at a VA contracted Dr here in Dallas.  He took my measurements and asked his questions.  I get my results back from the VA and they deny my increase because the Dr said I had 100% ROM with no problems.  This was not the case as I didnt have full ROM during the measurements.  After discussing this screwup with the DAV, they told me to have my Dr fill out the same DBQ and send it in.  He said this is better and quicker than an Appeal.  The ROM measurements that my Spine Dr took puts me at 20%.   I resubmitted my DQB to the DAV in Nov and was wondering how long does this usually take and if it is really quicker than an Appeal.  Thanks   

This is a really old thread, you would be better served making a new post.  The short answer to your question is maybe.  Not very helpful, I know.  I have a healthy distrust for the parasitic organizations that "help us with our claims."  They promise everything and rarely deliver on anything but aiding in the delays of claims.  the TexVet Rep probably added at least 6 months to my claim, maybe even longer, with their poor advice.  If you have the capacity, work it yourself.  Getting something from your Doc IS good advice, take it, and then take my advice and start learning all of this for yourself (your own best advocate is you) and take ownership of your claim, you will quickly see that these 'vet orgs' have a huge turnover and any 'good ones' there quickly get overwhelmed and move on.  I also have spinal issues, so I will simply say that it won't get better, not really, so this is a fight you will be involved in for a long time, on and off.  Search thru the posts here and get educated, keep asking questions and try and stay ahead of your issues since there is long delays in this process.  Good luck!

I was rated ZERO on my heart many years ago.  Recently, I have had some heart races, skips and angina.  So, I have gone from taking nothing to taking a baby asprin, Verapamil for heart skips, Metoprelol for high BP and heart problems and finally nitro for angina.  I am getting paid at 100 percent even though I am only 70.  It is unemployability money.  One thing I do NOT have it T and P so my wife does not get CHAMPUSVA....I was wondering if I would be opening up a can of worms if I applied for a raise in my heart service connection.  Any advice?

Hello,

1st time user here so please be nice. Just received my VA rating after being dragged to the DAV office here in Seattle 2 years ago. I'm 70% and received back pay for and my first monthly payment. I was told by the trooper that made me go to the DAV to go and get a VA ID card. While waiting in line to get my photo taken a couple walked in and I over heard them talking to the desk person: we just got our VA rating, back payment, first monthly payment. We are here to get our VA ID card and figure out who we turn these declaration of status dependent forms into for our daughter has been diagnosed bipolar and disabled by the SSA. The desk person printed out a VA form 21-686c,

My son is 25 as of 1/10/16 and declared disabled by SSA on 11/1/14 and has received SSI & SSD since 4/8/15. He has lived with me since 8/1/10, I'm his sole caregiver (my son is a type 1 bipolar with schizophrenia).

Should I also submit a VA form 21-686c and attach my son's SSA award letter?

Thanks

• Our picks

• CBO Options for Reducing the Deficit: 2019 to 2028 Published Dec 2018
      CBO Options for Reducing the Deficit: 2019 to 2028 - This CBO Report has been making the news. This post includes parts relevant to veterans. Nothing has been decided as of yet and some seem very unlikely but you never know. Forewarned is Forearmed.

https://www.hadit.com/cbo-options-for-reducing-the-deficit-2019-to-2028-published-dec-2018/
      • 6 replies
    • 2019 Veterans Benefits
      State Benefits, Space A and More ... https://www.hadit.com/2019-changes-to-veterans-benefits-state-and-federal/
      • 2 replies
    • Appeal granted and closed.
      My appeal was granted and closed on November 9.  I got an unofficial notification from the DAV on November 15 stating "appeal granted with an evaluation of 30%" which is great!  My question is this:  How long until I get the official notification from the va? Nothing on ebennies has updated since the appeal closed. Appeal is now in historical and just says complete and at originating va office. I understand no one knows va timelines to a tee but a general timeline would be great.  Thank you all! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Edit:  This was my first time appealing and it was a VBA grant. 
      • 6 replies
    • Question About Temporary 100% Rating for Hospitalization
      Hey all. I've searched all over the net, and read the CFR on the topic. I will be going to PTSD Dom inpatient treatment here soon. I read that it's possible to get 100% temp for hospitalization. However, the CFR says that PTSD Dom does not qualify, but then in the exceptions it says that it may. Does anyone know if I will qualify for temp 100%. I will be in there for almost 2 months. Here is the CFR code, and the part regarding the matter-

Do not apply the provisions of 38 CFR 4.29 when a Veteran

is treated as a resident in a State Veterans’ home is currently receiving a total rating for the disability for which hospitalization was required is a resident in a VA domiciliary program, or is a participant in a live-in/work out program being utilized to facilitate transition to community living.

Exceptions:
      Hospitalization in excess of 21 days for an SC disability in a medical facility located at a State Veterans’ home may entitle the Veteran to hospitalization benefits. Veterans are entitled to hospitalization benefits for treatment in excess of 21 days in a day hospital program if the treatment given is consistent with hospital care for a SC disability even though they are concurrently required to be housed in a VA domiciliary.

The exceptions part is confusing me. Does anyone know if I am entitled to a temporary 100% rating? I'm currently rated for the same reason I'm going inpatient.
      • 2 replies
    • Abbreviations, Acronyms, etc.
      Abbreviations, Acronyms, etc.
      • 0 replies
  • Ads

• Popular Contributors

• Ad

• Latest News
  • Our picks

• CBO Options for Reducing the Deficit: 2019 to 2028 Published Dec 2018
      CBO Options for Reducing the Deficit: 2019 to 2028 - This CBO Report has been making the news. This post includes parts relevant to veterans. Nothing has been decided as of yet and some seem very unlikely but you never know. Forewarned is Forearmed.

https://www.hadit.com/cbo-options-for-reducing-the-deficit-2019-to-2028-published-dec-2018/
      • 6 replies
    • 2019 Veterans Benefits
      State Benefits, Space A and More ... https://www.hadit.com/2019-changes-to-veterans-benefits-state-and-federal/
      • 2 replies
    • Appeal granted and closed.
      My appeal was granted and closed on November 9.  I got an unofficial notification from the DAV on November 15 stating "appeal granted with an evaluation of 30%" which is great!  My question is this:  How long until I get the official notification from the va? Nothing on ebennies has updated since the appeal closed. Appeal is now in historical and just says complete and at originating va office. I understand no one knows va timelines to a tee but a general timeline would be great.  Thank you all! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Edit:  This was my first time appealing and it was a VBA grant. 
      • 6 replies
    • Question About Temporary 100% Rating for Hospitalization
      Hey all. I've searched all over the net, and read the CFR on the topic. I will be going to PTSD Dom inpatient treatment here soon. I read that it's possible to get 100% temp for hospitalization. However, the CFR says that PTSD Dom does not qualify, but then in the exceptions it says that it may. Does anyone know if I will qualify for temp 100%. I will be in there for almost 2 months. Here is the CFR code, and the part regarding the matter-

Do not apply the provisions of 38 CFR 4.29 when a Veteran

is treated as a resident in a State Veterans’ home is currently receiving a total rating for the disability for which hospitalization was required is a resident in a VA domiciliary program, or is a participant in a live-in/work out program being utilized to facilitate transition to community living.

Exceptions:
      Hospitalization in excess of 21 days for an SC disability in a medical facility located at a State Veterans’ home may entitle the Veteran to hospitalization benefits. Veterans are entitled to hospitalization benefits for treatment in excess of 21 days in a day hospital program if the treatment given is consistent with hospital care for a SC disability even though they are concurrently required to be housed in a VA domiciliary.

The exceptions part is confusing me. Does anyone know if I am entitled to a temporary 100% rating? I'm currently rated for the same reason I'm going inpatient.
      • 2 replies
    • Abbreviations, Acronyms, etc.
      Abbreviations, Acronyms, etc.
      • 0 replies

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines