VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Disability Benefits Questionnaires

each DBQ is different & closely follows the rating schedule. i think the most they touch upon re medication is of you are on continuous medication for control of a condition or not. For diabetes it's whether u are on oral hypoglycemics or insulin for control.

As I'm in total agreement with this, wouldn't VA think opiates be considered as continuous medication for a chronic pain condition as well? If it's not, then the only reason I can think of is, chronic pain is considered a temporary condition, but at the same time it could also last years and years. Some medications has side effects that's worse than the disability itself. I find it hard to think the VA would even consider pain medicine as not part of an exam where pain is involved.

Coot

If it's a condition whose evaluation is based on "continuous medication for control" then opiates could be considered such. Again each condition is different, and sometimes they concentrate more on physical manifestations for a higher evaluation rather than pain or pain control.

So it would make since for anyone in this situation where chronic pain is essential to be considered is to have a Dr state, his/her chronic opiates is needed for "continuous medication for control".

Coot

Hopefully this does not sound off topic. I have four Rated Conditions and another ten that are secondary and or, residual that have not been rated. With the DBQ process, do I submit the other ten as soon as I get them completed all at once, or do I submit them gradually? My overall total physical and mental condition has deteriorated so rapidly in the past three years, I can barely keep up with it myself.

That's a very good question and no doubt will probably lure in a few different opinions here.

Just so you will get more eyes on your question, you'll need to start your own thread in the (Veterans claims Research) Forem. This thread has already started and probably been read by other members that won't come back. That's the reason I say you need to start your own. That's all you gotta do to get going on the right track.

Coot

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use