VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Disability Benefits Questionnaires

MarkInTexas, thanks for articulating in a very potent way the frustration of our vet community. Nothing against Vel as a person but her professional brethren and their overlords in the government have done the loyal guardians of our nation a great disservice, and it's a shame all we can do within the confines of our laws is to impotently rant at their powerless employees.

it is not the doctors business on why you filed a claim. It's the docs responsibility, to determine what the diagnosis is and the nexus of the claim and the severity of the disability.

Maybe not but I am glad he did. The gist of my remarks were to never give up on your claim. jmo

• 7 months later...

I am looking for the DBQ thatcovers TBI, any help would be appreciated.I have looked at the DBQs on the va web site but none has TBI listed?

I replied to you somewhere else and cant find my post.....

There is no TBI DBQ, the VA rates on residuals that could include many separate types of C & P exams or DBQs.

We have a wealth of info in our TBI forum here that includes the most recent proposed regulations on TBI.

Many of not most TBis ( such as from IED,MVA) could also be stressors for a PTSD claim. The VA must rate the PTSD as separate from the TBI if PTSD is claimed as the TBI stressor.

Edited by Berta

Thank you very much.

I just had my ptsd screening and also my IHD echo and EKG,waiting on the results.Still have my hearing and tinnitus and hearing exam coming up at the end of this month, then I am to meet with a Doctor Frankie Siy in Houston in September for an evaluation of my TBI,HEADACHES,MIGRAINE,IHD.i hae not been able to find out anything about this doctor except his specialty is rehabilitation therapy and is working for VES. It has been a long time coming, I was in vietnam in 68 and 70 and am just now getting my claims. I filedto get in the va system 3 different times and even though I was a vietnam vet I kept getting turned down,but finally when I filed for social security disability and received a Total rating because of my DDD did they accept me in the system. I have not filed a claim for DDD or Scaita, spinal stenosis or osteoarthritis yet but my, I have years of cervical and lumbar surgery to back up my claim but thought I would wait and see how these others turn out.I and dont like my situation and its a shame how the va treats some of there vets, when I first tried to get in the system they turned me down because they said I made to much money and they were not taking anybody that was classified rating 8,go figure.I have hope and if anybody can tell me anything about this DR Siy it would be most appreciated.

• 9 months later...

I had my dr's/specilaist complete half/dozen DBQ's before I retired to help with the process. The forms where signed in '13 and I hopefully will have apt's assigned and completed before '14 is over.

Is there an expiration on the dbq's, am I good or was it another wasted effort to assist the process?

-JB

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use