VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ilp Program

Rate this question

Guest rickb54

Question

Guest rickb54

Just got back from meeting with vocational rehabilitation ILP represenative. Was told before anything could be approved it had to go to wash dc, because of shortage of funds... anyone else ever herl of this? So now it has been 16 months since I requested the program and still nothing.... the va sucks

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Question about ILP. I have been deemed feasibly unemployable. The last time I spoke with my Voc. Rehab she made it sound like that she had to fill out that form with me for ILP. Acted like that if I were to request it, it would hold up my money for 100%. And advised me not to take it. This is also the woman that told me on June 1st that she was going to write my letter :rolleyes: So when I stopped by the other day, she hadn't written it yet, and told me that she doesn't have time, and scheduled me an appointment for tomorrow afternoon to write it when I come in to see her. I'm so blessed that she will take the time after my two C&P exams for my NOD to give me the letter. Would have really helped to turn in the Voc Rehab assessment as well.

Oh well. If I decide not to get it now, can I reapply for ILP later. I really would like a laptop, and a camera. Nothing else humors me anymore.

• HadIt.com Elder

10thFO & Adora:

I go in early tomorrow for my private shrink appt.

.... You guys have given me an idea .... hummmm .... ????? .... :rolleyes:

I will march in the ILSP dept and ... look the lady or man ... straight in the eyes ... and ... place my palms nicely on their desk top ..... and .......... FIRMLY REQUEST A 9mm SIG & SOME PAPER (head shot type) TARGETS ... and then give a small smile .....and see what they say ... :blink:

Think I will get locked up or get my ... 9mm Sig ... ????

Oh ... I will make sure to say I am the ... Poster Boy for PTSD too. .. :blink:

.. Magoo .. aka .. Bill ... :unsure:

PS ... Then I will ask them where the VAPD office is ... so I can get a police report where the car parked under my truck 2 weeks ago.

... I think I can have some fun in that dept tomorrow ??? ...

• HadIt.com Elder
10thFO & Adora:

I go in early tomorrow for my private shrink appt.

.... You guys have given me an idea .... hummmm .... ????? ....

Sure Bill, blame me and 10thFO, thanks Buddy! :blink:

I will march in the ILSP dept and ... look the lady or man ... straight in the eyes ... and ... place my palms nicely on their desk top ..... and .......... FIRMLY REQUEST A 9mm SIG & SOME PAPER (head shot type) TARGETS ... and then give a small smile .....and see what they say ...

You do that Bill, tell 'em you want it TODAY, but are willing to wait for Christmas Eve delivery :rolleyes:

Think I will get locked up or get my ... 9mm Sig ... ????

They'll ever forget you, or forgive you - buy hey, the squeaky wheel gets greased ?! :P

Oh ... I will make sure to say I am the ... Poster Boy for PTSD too. .. :unsure:

.. Magoo .. aka .. Bill ...

Bill, leave your glossy photo, they might tack it up and use you for a paper head taget :blink:

PS ... Then I will ask them where the VAPD office is ... so I can get a police report where the car parked under my truck 2 weeks ago.

... I think I can have some fun in that dept tomorrow ??? ...

Bill, have some fun brother, whatever it takes LOL!!

Guest rickb54

Well, as I said in a prior post I was waiting on my ILSP to be written, and funded. I think I must have gotten the biggest BullS*** artist at the Augusta VA rehab office. She says one thing but does exactly the reverse.

IN July she informed me that she needed estimates for adaptions of the house. When I spoke to her about this two weeks ago she still had not contacted any contractors for estimates stating she wanted to use a contractor who has already done work for VA. I told her that it has been over six months since I first went to her office and still she has done nothing to bringe me closer to a program. She tells me she had never done a ILSP. She tells me funds must be approved in DC. I am just tired of getting the run around. It does not take a genius to pick up a phone and call a contractor for an estimate. In the meantime she has still not written any plan but assures me it will be approved????

I am just so fed up with her not accomplishing something that I wrote a letter to the vocational rehabilitation supervisor in the regional office. I requested another counselor. Hopefully this will result in something, otherwise I guess It will be time to write a congressman, which is something I really hate to do.

• HadIt.com Elder

Rick:

I know for a fact that they don't have any money and are waiting for next fiscal year to fund this years projects. I think it will open up in October.

Guest rickb54

Pete,

I do not dispute that funds may not be available, but that does not excuse why the counselor has not done anything to get estimates, and draw up a plan.....