Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question About Secondary Disabilities

Rate this question

Spiderman

Question

I am currently 60% disable for valvular heart disease, when I was first rated back in 1975, my decision went like this: diagnosis 10-75 valvular heart disease, probably congenital, however, atypical rheumatic fever cannot be ruled out due to rheumatoid syndrome 8-75. (10%) My aorta valve finally had to be replaced in 2007, aorta stenosis bicuspid aorta valve. Disability went to 100% during 1st six months then reduced to 60%. In 2010, chest pains returned, and after testing an ascending aorta, aneurysm was discovered. This is being monitored and I hope it will be repaired someday; I have planned to submit a claim for aorta aneurysm secondary to the valvular heart disease. It has already reached 5cm, and as I understand CFR 38, 4.104 para 7110 it is compensable if 5cm or larger in diameter. My question is if the VA finds someway to deny my claim for secondary disability, will they still repair the aneurysm ? Just receive notice from last C&P for the heart, which was suppose to have been for the aneurysm, that the VA is proposing to reduce my disability to 30% . So this messes things up as well

Edited by Spiderman

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

My question is if the VA finds someway to deny my claim for secondary disability, will they still

repair the aneurysm or should I not file the claim?

A veteran that is SC'd at 50 percent or higher meets the eligibility requirements

for ALL medical care/ treatment needed and medications - for ALL and ANY medical

conditions - whether those conditions are SC'd or not - is no longer relevant.

Being SC'd of at least 50 % is the only requirement for ALL medical care.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.