VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New 3;159 Supports Ptsd

Rate this question

Guest anfrnkie

Question

Guest anfrnkie

hi guys i got a ssoc as i am 100% ptsd granted in 2003 i appeald earlier effective date to 52-55 navy in ssoc under 3;159 states c indicates that clamed disabilty or symptoms may be associated with the established event,injury,or disease in service or with another service-connected disability. paragraph 4,1 c could be safisfied by competent evidence showing ptds treatment for a condition,or other possible association with military service,there is a lot more under 3;159,in my case i am going back to air force 46-46 at 100%,ptsd is already granted will apply to 3;159,back to 52-56 my ptsd is 4 -25 -52 wasp sinking hobson.i hope i have given you help with 3;159- dept of vets affairs assistance in developing claims it sure help me

• Answers 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

carlie,

If my memory serves me correct I remember reading old BVA cases from the fifties where veterans were service connected for something called "war neurosis". The folks who write the DSM probably found different names for old symptoms. According to hadits history of compensation page the VA became concerned with mental disorders in the 30's or 40's.

• HadIt.com Elder

Rick I agree with you but the circumstances in your cases are different you have vets who made claims that were denied, you don't have a vet from the Arizona who never claimed PTSD before 2003 and now wants to be paid back to Dec 7 1941 either

your cases should be paid they tried and the system failed them, but to never make a claim and then try and go back 30-40 or even 50 years later is nonsense. Lot at the case of Frank Wong the naval aviator that fought with the VARO for 60 years because he lost his vision in one eye, but the Navay Doctor covered for him so he could keep flying in WW2, he spent until march 2005 and the Knight Ridder paper did an expose on his case the VA was finally embarassed into paying him for his eye injury, it was like 20% back to 1945 when he orgiinally filed his claim, more power ot people like him.

But people that show up at the VA now and want to be paid for 50 years of back pay for PTSD that was diagnosed 3 years ago sorry I don't see it I won't say it can't get paid, but it shouldn't

• HadIt.com Elder

Just consider that in every case of a agent orange claim the incident had to have happened during the Vietnam War but you don't get compensation until you file the claim 35 years later. The AO vets have been walking around with the poison in their system for years but until they show one of the diseases and file a claim they don't get a thing. In some of the AO cancer cases the vet does not live long enough after diagnosis to even have their claim rated.

Guest anfrnkie

maybe, i should of given a background,i was in air force 46-49 navy 52-56 in 1978, i filed a claim for both terms of service,va stated in air force no records found, claim for navy was never opened or air force . i never sent in a letter of disagrement how could you?va has tied your hands,i wrote va many times for records vs never responed to my requests,however in 2002 va did send my records, everything was there, i was in hospital in occp japan 7 months,my hospital reports were found in file i was exposed to radiation,plus puncherd ear drum , i was given a 100% medical disiably,plus my insurance was waveried, all this unknow to me because of va - no records found,in navy i was on uss wasp in 4-25 52,we sunk the hobson,179 men went down because va never opened both my claims, i have proof now from va records,also i find a raring in 1993,rading me s/c for air force,also states reopen air force,navy cfr ch 5 part 3 m21-1,set up exam for radation,this was never done,in 1993 i have a c&p exam,va never informed me of letter or exam,in 1994 i get letter from va stating you are medical disabled for non service connected,ACCORING TO YOU SERVICE RECORDS ANR RECORD OF EVIDENCE OF 1948,va is considering,1994-1956-1978-1993,now they send me a ssoc in ssoc i apply 3;159 4 -i-c, that,s why i posted topic on 3;159,all my prove is at va ptsd was proved for wasp and hobson,100% must go back to 52-56,i i don,t have all the knowledge,you all have but i do know right from wrong what va has done to me should never happen to any veteran

Guest anfrnkie
Just consider that in every case of a agent orange claim the incident had to have happened during the Vietnam War but you don't get compensation until you file the claim 35 years later. The AO vets have been walking around with the poison in their system for years but until they show one of the diseases and file a claim they don't get a thing. In some of the AO cancer cases the vet does not live long enough after diagnosis to even have their claim rated.
john, when i got copy of 3;159 from va in sooc this 3;159,covers a lot of informatoon not jost ptsd 3;159 is dept of va affairs assistance in developing claims,underparagraph [11] 4 c states could be satisfied by competent evidence or other possible association with military service,so one could open a claim under 3;159 for agent orange

Guest anfrnkie