VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question On Helping An Sf Vet Verify A Stressor.

Rate this question

10thFO

Question

I was in my Vet Group Tuesday, and we have a knew guy. Seems he was a spook. His problem is they cannot verify his stressors. Did a lot of stuff all under cover. Assumed name and the whole bit. Has anyone ever helped someone like this out. All the operations partaken in were never acknowledged. The guy needs help bad.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

The information you seek would be found more quickly via the corresponding services JAG office. I would request that the VA retrieve them under their "duty to assist". If they say they can't locate any such record, then you go to your congressperson.

I think his best bet is a buddy statement. Even if the things they were doing were classified the VA has a clause that states that when it comes to the health of the veteran they can tell about missions and such. When I was in I along with everyone in our platoon had to sign statements saying we would never talk about the goings on or the things that happened where we were at. That all went out the window when it came to a soldiers health and the government understands that.

Also my VA rep told me that when there is a question as such that they have had these things happen before and had gotten a copy or a verified look at the classified material (blackened in lines on most of it except for the name) verifying that they were there and the date. He said they have a special detail of people that do that stuff. Interesting stuff for the VA reps...

Thanks, this guy wasn't in 'Nam. He got out in '96. I will request to see his dd-214 before I help. Only offered to help him find the people in the units that could verify his presence. It is good to know that they can look it up and blacken out the names. I just happened to get lucky enough to have my stressor mentioned in an award letter I got. Otherwise there were only 4 of us, and 4 operators. Luckily my Lt. was listening to my radio transmissions. Nobody else knew we were there.

I don't think the guy is lying, but I do cast the leary eye when someone tells a story. That may as scared as I have been of a sober man. I won't ask him what class he was in :rolleyes: I'll just tell him I need the DD-214 to help him.

• HadIt.com Elder

John is right. My Dad served as a spook in WWII. He had records he kept and he and his buddies got together after the War. Most of the times that the super secret guys turn out to be fakes.

There is more than one way to skin a cat. Even the ones who have trouble with stressors can prove they were in SF or something.

One more thing is that be careful cause it really hurts if you invest in helping someone who turns out to be a fake.

"I won't ask him what class he was in I'll just tell him I need the DD-214 to help him."

HA!

I am friends with a highly decorated Navy Seal from Nam.He is well known in this area and has been mentioned in some books on Nam. His left leg is still in the delta over there.

We had a guy bragging he was a Navy Seal at the local fire dept (I am auxilliary member)

My friend thinks this is same guy he hit over the head in a bar with his artificial leg some years back.

He told me to ask this guy his Class Number- all seals have this permanently emblazed on their mind-at least those who served during the War did-

I did and the guy went Blank-recently I asked his wife about his Navy career-he claimed to have saved an Admiral- she said he was actually in the Navy but everything else about his Seal and Nam story was bull crap.

When a vet starts bragging like they are the only vet in the world (our local VA has vets like this)and keeps repeating their stories -seems to me they are trying to prove something to themselves-

even if their experience is real.