VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question On Helping An Sf Vet Verify A Stressor.

Rate this question

10thFO

Question

I was in my Vet Group Tuesday, and we have a knew guy. Seems he was a spook. His problem is they cannot verify his stressors. Did a lot of stuff all under cover. Assumed name and the whole bit. Has anyone ever helped someone like this out. All the operations partaken in were never acknowledged. The guy needs help bad.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

This is a little off subject, but I rmember one time when I was still on active duty when a fellow NCO started telling me this story. It involved being overseas Not a secret mission) and later having to use the post commanders plane to get to a meeting. The stroy he was telling was true, but he was not the one who had the experience. As it turns out, he was telling the story that I had told someone about some of my experiences, he just liked it so much he used it.

• HadIt.com Elder

I was NEVER a spook ... but I knew several. No James Bond types ... just regular spooks.

10thFO ... after they get out and the dust settles ... they really do get together.

A good rule of thumb is that your past info is usually worthless in 10 years.

FYI ... for RVN veteran that says that they were Spooks, Air America Boys or Spec Ops ... that info is easy to get now.

People with a good clearance can usually get a .. NON-blacked out copy of their personal info. ... unless they were SUPER DEEP ... or unpaid CIs.

CIs were the Confidentail Informants and they usually supplied info to a Case Worker Type Spook ... who may or may not have notified others of his/her exsistance ??

The DD-214 is a great start like Berta said.

Then ... he MUST tell you and give you a road map of his activities ... and then check that out.

Now ... when you find a Real Spook ... and they tell you of SOME their LIGHT activities ... you can go to that agency and usually get a VERY brief weisel worded note that ... Mr. XYZ was involved in such & such area in a certain time frame.

From my personal experiences ... the Real Spooks ... are very normal, but somwhat guarded people ... even after all this time from RVN.

Now .. with that said ... I am sure that there are several Spec Ops operations (maybe 15 to 30 military or semi-military type) going on as we speak ... this is just an educated guess from the Discovery Channel.

Bottom line is ... if he really wants help ... he has to give you some "Hard Core Evidence" from which to start from.

He can even notify someone from the past and perhaps get their permission and guidance on how to go about this.

I would venture to say that 99.9% of those who were NOT RECENT SPOOKS ... could get a clearance and get you or someone else (of their choosing) to the right person to get them a vague letter ... to start getting them some help & VA bennies.

USMC BLTs that are part of MEUs are now being called Special Ops ... from what I saw on CNN and the Discovery Channel.

I was in BLT 1/3 and we were not called Special Ops back then and the missions are pretty much the same today as back in the RVN days. BLTs today do have more Seals with them though.

True Spec. Ops are other type units and vary in their depth of Spec. Ops. by group. Their are maybe 44,000 of them and their TO (Table of Organization) Strength it about 50,000 ... according to the Discoery/Times Channel.

And that 44k covers ALL types of ....military or para-military type .... of Spec Ops too ... from what the program said.

I am sure that it does not count the ... Langley Spooks ... though ... but that line is getting very blurred today though.

Just posting some info that is readily available on TV here.

... Magoo .. aka .. Bill ... :rolleyes: