VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Not Good What Is Going On

Rate this question

reddog

Question

Preparation for notification dependency dated 3/16/11, preparation for notification administrative review date 3/30/10, but they started a new claim for compensation dated 3/16/11. This was done today on E benefits call my DAV rep has not returned call. No more info on the Ebenefits

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

I've also had a claim show up with no contentions and not submitted by me. I've read elsewhere on the boards that it may be a place-holder for either something found in your file that you didn't claim but the VA thought you should to it being a clothing allowance renewal (if your eligible). I've also contacted my rep and he can't see anythnig more that what I can re: this "ghost" claim.

That's odd. Unless you are due for a routine future exam, or recently had surgery requiring convalescence or hospitalization where u could get a 100% temp rating under either paragraph 29 or 30, I'm not sure why they would open a claim. Sometimes the Service orgs open claims for vets & the vets don't even know until a letter is received (it's happened).

Veldrina, thank you. Two claims opened: one for dependency (before the last retro, I received a call that my youngest son's SSAN was not in the system. I called the 800# and gave it to them over the phone), and the other for ??? Still, no one can tell me what it's for, or where it came from. I've recently been retired retroactively; could this be a place holder for the audit of my VA comp as they work with DFAS? I also receive a clothing allowance; could it be for the automatic annual claim? I really wish someone could tell me. I was told by my VSO (he didn't enter the claim) that my appeal wouldn't move until all claims are processed. When the last claim completed, I was in the clear - now these two are holding things up...

Edited by justrluk