Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ok I Think There Playin With My Retro

Rate this question

Mr cue

Question

i got the the decision from bva on apr 2 there is nothing say who will handle the retro.

i been two week and not a letter say anything.

am i trippin no letter from amc or ro we rec your folder nothing is this right appeal gone off e benfits.

or is this a long process two

• Answers 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

i got the the decision from bva on apr 2 Congratulations.

there is nothing say who will handle the retro. The BVA decision generally doesn't. However, I'd surmise that the VA Regional Office of jurisdiction will handle any additional actions.

i been two week and not a letter say anything. Gee, that's not really all that long.

am i trippin Dunno ... perhaps.

no letter from amc or ro we rec your folder nothing is this right appeal gone off e benfits. It's correct. The appeal has been granted so the appeal is "completed".

or is this a long process two Can be.

i got the the decision from bva on apr 2 there is nothing say who will handle the retro.

i been two week and not a letter say anything.

am i trippin no letter from amc or ro we rec your folder nothing is this right appeal gone off e benfits.

or is this a long process two

• HadIt.com Elder

The VARO, (Atlanta, in my case) can take whatever time it takes to actually complete the process. Usually, unless the BVA decision is, or involves a remand, you might allow a month or two.

We both deal with Buffalo so it might take more then a month.

My BVA award was dated 5/97/09.

I was still filing Nods on their ridiculous initial award letters from Buffalo in early 2010.I think they sent me 3, all wrong.

They didnt pay me until Feb 9th,2010 when the General Counsel ordered them to.

But this regarded an FTCA offset. You arent in that situation.

BTW all- although the RC up here (Regional Counsel) found an enormous monetary error in my claim years ago, and then they (the RO) sent the money right away, he would not take jurisdiction over the ludicrous problem I was having at the VARO,because the rater could not read. The VA is quite skillful in manipulating certain award letters.

If I had believed the initial award letters I got for 2 of my claims, the VA would have kept 100 thousand -at least -from me.

As it was they held onto a chunk of it ,as you can see, from May 2009 to Feb 2010 and only by getting the OGC to send them the same regs I sent, which they ignored, was that all finally resolved.

mad.gif

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

i look on e benfits it say my folder is being return to va medical center.

they dont handle retro.

my cases was advance due to hardship the remanded came from amc to bva it was done 30 days.

now wait three more month for them to send a folder to wrong place.

the games va play.

well why typing this i get return iris from bva say my folder at the ro now. and they forward my iris to ro.

call 1800 after told this. now my folder got to ro apr 11.

guess i was just bugging out. 3 yr of there games can do this to you lol.

I won my BVA grant April 4 and saw the same return to VAMC c file note. But I think it goes to the VARO for rating from the grant and implementation. I had read it might be 2-4 months but more recently have been advised 1-2 because of some push from Washington to the VARO.

Either way, I sent in an IRIS inquiry last Thursday and a fax today to the VARO reaffirming key elements of my c-file with respect to the rating. I have been receiving SSDI since late 2006.

I think I am basically behind you by 2 days from BVA grant so am guessing my folder was received back at the RO the 13th.

It was 6 years for me...