VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Smc

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If I wanted to claim SMC for ED as a result of service connected DMII how would I do it? I have it in my VA medical records now. Do I just write a letter and request along with the VA medical records?

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I requested it a few years ago and like Vike says even though 100% Schedular they looked at everything and than turned me down. I asked as a result of meds I was taking.

I will not ask again although I have been thinking about asking for A&A as I am more and more agoraphobic and spacey on meds. I guess is I asked for A&A I should also trhiow another shot at Special K at same time.

• HadIt.com Elder

If the my primary care doctor at the VA has diagnosed me with ED and prescribed medications to treat it is this enough to reopen the DMII claim since ED is a known secondary condition of DMII, or is it considered a new claim? There are many secondary conditions of DMII. I would like to know if I have to file a new claim every time one of these things shows up. It is all due to Agent Orange and there is no question about my exposure history.

• HadIt.com Elder

John:

It should be a ... SLAM DUNK ... (sorry to use those famous Tennet words) ... for you to get ED with either PTSD meds and/or DM2 ... ???

The BIG problemo is getting someone to write you a letter .. saying you have ED due to the DM2 or the PTSD meds.

I just kept banging (via mail) away on the SO .. with maybe 30-35 letters ... with PDR info, script packaging info and whatever I could get .... I even printed stuff off the web.

The SO finally called the VAMC and got his own letter.

I use the a State SO ... and for me .. they have the best training. I am a lifetime member of DAV since late 1960s and I can't depend on them as a SO. Many good ones there ... I just got a bad one many years ago there and changed to a State SO.

PVA is probably tops, overall .. then State SO ... but you can a great one or a bad one ... with any organization.

The best SO that I ever knew was an old timer named Bob Hinkley (spelling) Huntington, WV ... he was the best rep ever and was with the .. DAV ... but he passed away years ago.

John .. you can get ED .. & Housebound too .... I am going for house bound next .. then A&A if possible.

We need to brain storm on the phone sometime.

Go for it and just keep pushing ...

...Magoo .. aka .. Bill ...

• HadIt.com Elder

Bill

I see what you are saying. You can have all the secondary symptoms of a service connected disability but the VA is going to make YOU connect the dots through a report. I think since I already have the DMII that I might be able to reopen that claim and have the ED considered. I am thinking about this stuff because I know that when you open something with the VA you never can be sure where it is going to go. That puts some fear in all of us.

• HadIt.com Elder

John:

John, you can easily do this one ... just keep up the pressure in a nice but ... "I am not going to give up way".

Most of the VARO fears come from ->

... --> ... 60% TDIU veterans with non P&T status ... especially with TDIU rating, less than 5 years ... <-- ...

... That was straight from my SO too. ...

Let's be honest ... how many .. "honest veterans" .. with .. "real disabilities" .. have we seen get down-rated (when applying for a new disability) here ??? .... None that I can remember ????

I fear the VARO no more ... I refuse to ...

Now ... I could "fear" a ... "VAMC Newbie Doc" ... working on my azz ...

... Magoo .. aka .. Bill ... :rolleyes:

• HadIt.com Elder

Most of the VARO fears come from ->

... --> ... 60% TDIU veterans with non P&T status ... especially with TDIU rating, less than 5 years ... <-- ...

... That was straight from my SO too. ...

Let's be honest ... how many .. "honest veterans" .. with .. "real disabilities" .. have we seen get down-rated (when applying for a new disability) here ??? .... None that I can remember ????

I fear the VARO no more ... I refuse to ...

Now ... I could "fear" a ... "VAMC Newbie Doc" ... working on my azz ...

... Magoo .. aka .. Bill ... :rolleyes: