Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Spoke With Va. Appeal Started 5/19/2011

Rate this question

JT24usn

Question

Got a call in reference to my appeal for pyramiding DC 7328 and 7318. I was told that Dro requested a C&P for both conditions on apr 13. Reading the DBQs for two conditions. Is there anything else anybody can recommend for preparing?

Edited by T8r

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Be honest and describe your worst days with both; detail each individually. Can I ask why you mention pyramiding? Both are separate conditions though they may share the same symptoms. Thought pyramiding was a "no-no"...

Limbo is status quo for the VARO.

Right. I can't get two separate percentages for

These two due to pyramiding, so I asked for a higher overall rating of the two with the overall picture.

These two due to pyramiding, so I asked for a higher overall rating of the two with the overall picture.

Ah, now I've got it. Best of luck! I've never been able to hand any notes to anyone, but I keep a notebook of events, issues etc. relative to conditions. I take it with me so I don't have to guess at the number of times per year/week/month/etc. things happen.

Limbo is status quo for the VARO.

If it goes well it will give me a good stopping point for percentage (70-80 percent). I will tell them to hide My folder until I get close to retirement ( another 22 years). Thanks again!

Compare your medical evidence of record to the criteria for both DC's

to see where your evaluation for percentage level should fall.

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr&sid=979fa55624aeb7387a77dd9aadf8d5b6&rgn=div8&view=text&node=38:1.0.1.1.5.1.98.5&idno=38

4.7 Higher of two evaluations.

Where there is a question as to which of two evaluations shall be applied, the higher evaluation will be assigned if the disability picture more nearly approximates the criteria required for that rating.

Otherwise, the lower rating will be assigned.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

I am 20% for 7328 and 10% for 7318. 40% for 7328 is good but the weight loss. I have proven malabsorption. Vitamin d deficient. Vitamin b12 deficient, anemic, chronic diarrhea with occasional constipation. I am on a drug for both post cholecystectomy and intestinal resection ( ileum). I went to a gastroenterologist who said the post cholecystectomy is complicating the diarrhea because the bile that is normally stored in the fall bladder and recycled in the ileum (resected/7328). Again, the weight loss is the problem. I fair worse on the gallbladder 7318. Do you think the overall woul be higher 30%?