VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Else Get This?

Rate this question

AFMedic09

Question

Just tried to check out my documents on ebene. as I am in Prep.for Notification. Got this error message. I can't even see my AB7?? Anyone know what's going on or having similar issues?

Download VA Letters

We are unable to locate records in VA files indicating eligibility for the VA letters that are currently provided in this on-line service. Please call the National Call Center at 1-800-827-1000 if you need additional information.

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I know what you mean about the agony of waiting. I wish that I had filed this 30 plus years ago when I was much younger and carefree and my nerves could handle it. If hindsights 20/20, then I must be going blind. (Borrowed from a country song) Lol

Edited by #1Cavtrooper

It's terrible the length of time you all have had to wait. I feel silly after only 15 months feeling so frustrated. Hopefully resolution will come soon for all of us and we can get on with life.

Holy Cow Cav. That is a long time. I wonder why so long in one phase? Especially Decision Phase? They must be very backed up. However, according to the Monday Morning Workloar report Houston has a lower Appeals load than St. Pete. This leads me to thing that maybe that's because they give better ratings the first time around. Hopefully you will get some resolution soon!

Those MM Work Reports really tells very little to current claimants.

It's pretty much an internal informational.

I could probably learn more - just watching the QVC channel : - )

I did an IRIS the end of Feb, and then got the notice on March 22 that my claim had moved to Decision phase.

Was told that this phase was taking 70 days at my particular RO.

DON'T DRINK THE KOOL-AID !

Unfortunately, the wait seems to be there for everyone. Besides being disabled and having been in the military, we all share in the wait. I was told by a benefits counselor (former VA employee) that the case load for the primary decision maker was 7 cases a day. It helps if the claim is cut and dry..but how often is that the case? Obviously, the more reputable the VSO is the closer the VA rep will look at the claim. VA has to look at EVERYTHING. But, the relationship between benefits counselors at VA and your VSO is really important for this reason: if the VSO sends in everything (crappy lack of evidence claims-right or wrong) the VA will get sour on that VSO and potentially not give the most expeditious care to the case. The more valid the claim ( & case history) the more credibility formed with that VSRO at VA. I don't know if this helps, but it helped me understand a little bit more about what they go through. It doesn't solve any of our problems but gives insight to what VA does like it or not. Basically, 7 cases a day to process (which would theoretically encourage them to push them through). If it looks good, from a credible source (VSO), it goes on through to the next phase for review. Hopefully this helps.