VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Discharged For Panic Disorder

Rate this question

toolbox

Question

First off I want to say hello and that it is a relief to have found such a great website. I just got involuntarily separated from the Navy after serving 8 years for panic disorder w/ agoraphobia. No ship would take me cause I was on meds so they adsep'd me out. I sent my claim to VA and was wondering if anyone has any idea what I can expect for a disability rating if anything at all for this condition? Hopefully I will atleast get to get my meds when I run out :rolleyes: Thanks for any info you might have,

Nick

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Toolbox

Panic disorder and agraphobia is a medical condition. There is no question about this in the medical literature. It is listed under the Anxiety disorders just like PTSD. It is my opinion (which accounts for little since I am not a shrink) that you were discharged for a medical condition just like me and Pete53. Appeal the character of your discharge and bring a expert witness to your hearing if you can afford it. I just hate to see the military get away with this stuff when they know very well you have a medical condition.

• HadIt.com Elder

John gave good advice. Don't give up. They can't call panic disorder a personality disorder anymore.