VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Denied If No Ab4, Ab8 In Ebenefits When Claim Is Completed

Rate this question

lcpmom

Question

All

Is it 90 percent certain that the claim has been denied by VA when there is no AB4 or AB8 in Ebenefits letter generator after the claim has been closed/completed by the VA??

From what I am reading on this site, That seems to be the case.

If someone can chime in, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Lois

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Icpmom,

I am rated 90% and the only letter I have available is the service verification. About the only thing that is consistent in eBenefits is the login requirements.

Clearly if there is an AB4 and Ab8 letter that shows a percentage or an increased percentage that is positive information, but until the actual decison is delivered to you, you don't know.

VA sent me the benefits brocure and form to fill out for educational benefits for my son last October. The pending NOD i have (since Jan 2011) if decided favorably would entitle him to those benefits, I initially thought that might indicated a favorable answer was comming soon. I still have no answer....

Best regards,

• HadIt.com Elder

First, E-Benefits can be even less reliable that the 1000 number.

You really will not know until the VA sends you a letter and the accompanying documents "explaining" the decision.

​The one thing I did find out when I went into the letter generator to check for an increase was, Although it showed a 10% increase to make it 70%, above that it showed the amount of monthly payments which was the same amount as 100%. Which I found out later, I was awarded TDIU, but it only showed 70%. Another words, don't just look at the % amount, also look at the monthly payments you will be getting, that way you can tell if they awarded TDIU or not...lol..When I first seen it, I thought I was only granted 70%. Hope this makes sense.

Coot