VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ils Success Story! Thank You Hadit!

Rate this topic

TiredVeteran

We woud like to thank all the people of this board for your help and encouragement! If not for HADIT, this success story would not have happened!

The VA, PVA, ILS, everyone told us that there would be no home adaptions allowed through the ILS program. The Hadit members who were so willing to share their stories gave us ground to stand on and

the will to keep trying! Thank all of you so much!

Our home is now much more wheelchair friendly! A step in shower is in place! The wheelchair can enter the house and access about 1/2 of our home! YEAH!

While we did not get everything we needed (for example a roll in shower for the wheelchair)........we are very very thankful for the adaptions that did happen!

As most of you know, my husband is using a power chair and getting him in and out of the old shower that was in a cast iron tub was not only difficult it was very unsafe.

We have not been granted the home adaption grant, which would have of course done a lot more, however

you all have kept us keeping on when it seemed like a losing battle!

Thank you!

Debbie (ps, this is my first post on the new board, so please be patient, I am computer stupid, HA)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Debbie:

I am happy for you and your husband.

And yess ... this site can and does get people fired up to do their claims.

I have seen many valid claims ... that were considered IMPOSSIBLE by some of the SOs ... granted ... after getting help here and doing their own claims.

There are many smart people on here and I learn something here everyday.

Go for the other bennies if you can .... and ... The best to you and your husband ...

...Magoo .. aka .. Bill ... :rolleyes:

• Founder

This is great news, very happy for you and so glad we could help.

We woud like to thank all the people of this board for your help and encouragement! If not for HADIT, this success story would not have happened!

The VA, PVA, ILS, everyone told us that there would be no home adaptions allowed through the ILS program. The Hadit members who were so willing to share their stories gave us ground to stand on and

the will to keep trying! Thank all of you so much!

Our home is now much more wheelchair friendly! A step in shower is in place! The wheelchair can enter the house and access about 1/2 of our home! YEAH!

While we did not get everything we needed (for example a roll in shower for the wheelchair)........we are very very thankful for the adaptions that did happen!

As most of you know, my husband is using a power chair and getting him in and out of the old shower that was in a cast iron tub was not only difficult it was very unsafe.

We have not been granted the home adaption grant, which would have of course done a lot more, however

you all have kept us keeping on when it seemed like a losing battle!

Thank you!

Debbie (ps, this is my first post on the new board, so please be patient, I am computer stupid, HA)

Debbie, I'm happy that you and your family have gotten some of the things you needed for your home. I'm also glad that life is a little easier for you guys now. Congratulations!

Pearl