VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Family Tree

Rate this question

frosty69

Question

I have a question, maybe someone can help with. My wife and I went into our local VSRO yesterday, being I had a dental appointment. This concerns one my wives uncle who was in ww2, and got out on a medical discharge. They found him out in the jungle more dead, then alive, suffering with malaria, and who know what else. he was in Guadalcanal (spelling) and also survived the Bataan death march, but when he got out it had affected his mind, so he never applied for any disability, and didn't want anything to do with the VA. he was drafted out of MN, live here all his life, except for the time spent in the army, he died in 1979 at the local VA hospital, he got 100% service-connected for a few months before he died. My question is my wife went in to have a look at his SMR, for the family tree, but the VARO person told her that they were out in Laguna Niguel, Calif. greater LA Vet care center for whatever reason, does anyone know why they would be out there, as he was never in California in his life. He died at the local VA hospital in Fargo, ND. does anyone have a 800 number for this hospital, as we have a telephone number, but will cost a small fortune to call out there to find out this information, but will do it if we have too, what I don't understand is why the R0 wouldn't do it for her, one person told her they would help, just bring in his name, SSN, and they would get the information, but the woman, when she saw his records were out in Calif, acted real funny and couldn't get rid of us fast enough, so just wandering if anyone could help, my wife with this problem.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Guest anfrnkie
Thanks everyone for all the help, now at least, we have a place to start.
check out 38 3 .159 c,this might help you a loy and save time and money read the whole section,most here don,t know about new 38 3,159

• HadIt.com Elder

Would it be possible for me to get my father's military records. He has been dead for many years and I have no reason except curiosity.