VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

White Envelope Received!

Rate this topic

AFMedic09

So, here is the break down:Migraines(ocular)-30%, TVT Sling-20%, Mild dry eyes BOTH-0%, Allergic Rhinitis- 0%, Anemia- 0%, Scar-0%, Restless Leg-0%

My migraines are completely prostrating, and not just ocular. Not sure if that was how I was rated, but they are completely debilitating. I have a migraine 2-3 times a month, and tension headaches 3-4 times a week.) I take Topimax 100mg daily, and percocet as needed.

Deferred:Prolapsed Bladder/cyctocele (pending VA exam), Rectocele (pending VA exam), Entitlement to non service connected pension: pending additional development

Denied because no current diagnosis:hypertension, PTSD/depression (WHICH I HAVE QUESTION ABOUT and will explain below),Left?Right hip bursitis trochanteric (They still hurt me!!! I just treat with motrin and move on. I have a family to take care of.), L/R Knee condition. (Just had surgery on my L knee for torn meniscus), hair loss ( was seen for this when it first started in 2001 and now I am almost bald on top - not cute on a 32 yr old female I can assure you & no one else in my family has thinning much less balding.), R thumb tenosynovitis de quervain's (I am wearing a thumb spica for this now. I was a medic for pete's sake I know vitamin M and a thumb spica is all the Dr will order for me, so I bought it myself from CVS. This was the treatment given on Active Duty as well)

I have an over all rating of 40%.Under reasons for decision they listed all my service connected disabilities...one of them(#8) is: Service connectsion for adjustment disorder with depressed mood for the purpose of establishing eligibility to treatment.

A determination of service connection under 38 U.S.C. 1702 is for the purpose of providing eligibility for hospital and medical treatments for veterans of WWII, Korean Conflict, or Vietnam era: or for Gulf War veterans who develop an active psychosis or any active mental illness during or within two years from the daate of separation from such service or within two years of the end of the war period, whichever is earlier. The veteran was discharged on November 16, 2009. A psychosis/mental illness was first diagnosed on March 6, 2001 while you were on active uty. Entitlement to treatment is established because a psychosis/mental illness was diagnosed within the required period of time. Service connection for the purpose of establishing eligibility to treatment is established.

What does that mean? I told them I have missed consecutive days of work due to depression and crying, and that I have had suicidal ideations. I don't go to a therapist, because it's unheard of in my family to do that. I feel like I should be able to manage on my own...and that goes for every illness I have. I have sucked it up. I'm not asking for 100% - but they act like I went in there and told that lady I had no problems and the world was roses. I don't have my c-file, and since i have issues still to be decided I don't know if I should request it at this point to see what she wrote. I was just telling my sister yesterday I need something for anxiety. I have lost 10 pounds the last 2 weeks stressing over all of this. I don't know what to do from this point. Any advice is much appreciated. I can accept and am happy with 40%, but I have hip pain and my thumb hurts to grasp anything when it is inflammed. 0% just to connect would at least give me a leg to stand on if I need surgery in the future with the VA. THanks for reading. I know this is long...

Edited by AFMedic09

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You ask for a reconsideration of the decision. Do you have a journal of you good/bad days?? I keep a journal for migraines, etc. and can show how long they last, how often and my wife writes in the book as well re: what the day was like from her perspective. Send it in with a reconsideration request and let the ball roll from there. Don't forget you have one year to appeal so if the reconsideration goes flat, file the NOD...

I do journal. I will send that and ask for a reconsideration. Will that delay my deferred issues? I guess I am wating on new C&P's for those. Not sure why since at my last C&P April 2011 the dr said she saw the prolapse, and my urethra was "kinked". Hopefully they send me to a Uro/GYN who knows what the hell they are looking for and how to do the exam....

Thank you Cav for the congrats. :)

• HadIt.com Elder

You got the door open congrats for that now you have to get the VA to do the job right.

Good Luck

I guess I don't understand how they can deny my PTSD/Depression which I was diagnosed with while in service- and yet SC me for adjustment d/o and depressed mood for purposes of treatment citing my diagnosis of PTSD/depression in 2001?!?!? In denial reason for PTSD/Depression it states: The evidence does not show a current diagnosed disability. So...should I start telling my PCM about my nightmares/compulsive behavior/anxiety issues? Should I start going to the shrink again? I did YEARS of therapy in service. I do pretty well coping, but a couple days a month I am house bound and crying for no good reason. I have no motivation. My anemia I treat with iron, and weekly b-12 inections. I am fatigued all the time even when I should be "rested" I could sleep endlessly. (just not without waking frequently.) Any insight.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use