VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

White Envelope Received!

Rate this topic

AFMedic09

Calm Down, take this one issue at a time. What was your anemia reading,(HCB) it has to be below 10.0 to get 10 percent. If it is even close to that, and are you taking medication and did you tell the doctor(who did the C&P) exam.

Migranies, ylu have to tell them(DR,) exactly what is happening when you have them and have it documented. Even though you know, they need a paper trail.

You need paper work aand paper work. Just take your time and read the decision base again after you calm dowm.

And get some help.

You can not treat yourself.

REDDit

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reddit- They didn't do any labs for me at either of my C&P's. I told them I take iron daily, and b-12 weekly injections. I sent them lab work from my doctor, but like you pointed out - those are medicated and still defficient in b-12. (severely)

My biggest question is the PTSD/depression. I wasn't diagnosed with adjustment d/o in service so I don't understand why this is an assignment given for sc treatment purposes? I am seeing my doctor for unrelated health issue I have going on, and I will bring up my depression with her. I have seen a psych. once since separation from military. I liked her, and I should go back. You're right. I need something for this anxiety. Thank you all for your time responding. I am thankful for the 40% - at least I am somewhere in the process & have some answers. It's very selfish of me to rant, and I apologize.

So, here is the break down:Migraines(ocular)-30%,

My migraines are completely prostrating, and not just ocular. Not sure if that was how I was rated, but they are completely debilitating. I have a migraine 2-3 times a month, and tension headaches 3-4 times a week.) I take Topimax 100mg daily, and percocet as needed.

AF - unless you can submit evidence to VBA that your Migraines are

"completely prostrating and prolonged attacks productive of severe economic inadaptability"

then I don't think submitting a request for reconsideration, or a NOD will warrant a higher percentage evaluation

than the 30 percent they just granted.

The criteria is below:

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr&sid=8083833bbc5ea688718c48b785423b10&rgn=div8&view=text&node=38:1.0.1.1.5.2.110.67&idno=38

§ 4.124a Schedule of ratings—neurological conditions and convulsive disorders.

8100 Migraine:

With very frequent completely prostrating and prolonged attacks productive of severe economic inadaptability

With characteristic prostrating attacks occurring on an average once a month over last several months

With characteristic prostrating attacks averaging one in 2 months over last several months

With less frequent attacks

Deferred:Prolapsed Bladder/cyctocele (pending VA exam), Rectocele (pending VA exam), Entitlement to non service connected pension: pending additional development

I have an over all rating of 40%.Under reasons for decision they listed all my service connected disabilities...

one of them(#8) is: Service connectsion for adjustment disorder with depressed mood for the purpose of establishing

eligibility to treatment.

A determination of service connection under 38 U.S.C. 1702 is for the purpose of providing eligibility for hospital and medical treatments for veterans of WWII, Korean Conflict, or Vietnam era: or for Gulf War veterans who develop an active psychosis or any active mental illness during or within two years from the daate of separation from such service or within two years of the end of the war period, whichever is earlier.

The veteran was discharged on November 16, 2009. A psychosis/mental illness was first diagnosed on March 6, 2001

while you were on active uty.

Entitlement to treatment is established because a psychosis/mental illness was diagnosed within the required period of time.

Service connection for the purpose of establishing eligibility to treatment is established.

What does that mean? I told them I have missed consecutive days of work due to depression and crying, and that I have had suicidal ideations. I don't go to a therapist, because it's unheard of in my family to do that. I feel like I should be able to manage on my own...and that goes for every illness I have. I have sucked it up. I'm not asking for 100% - but they act like I went in there and told that lady I had no problems and the world was roses. I don't have my c-file, and since i have issues still to be decided I don't know if I should request it at this point to see what she wrote.

I'm going to reply to the above in your other topic thread. - carlie

Entitlement to non service connected pension: pending additional development

AF,

For you "Entitlement to non service connected pension", should not

even have ever been an issue on your claim.

You do not meet the criteria for this benefit.

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr&sid=0a621135459767bde0983ebbf3b66a3d&rgn=div8&view=text&node=38:1.0.1.1.4.1.56.3&idno=38

Carlie/AFMedic09,

I got to 50% for migraines by proving that the "economic inadaptability" in my opinion was the continuous loss of leave, being moved to another position of a lesser grade, and my headache journal in conjunction with letters from physicians, etc.... Not sure if this helps, but just my $.02

• HadIt.com Elder

Justrluck you did exactly what you were supposed to do.

Good way to be proactive.

J

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use