VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

White Envelope Received!

Rate this topic

AFMedic09

Justrluck, I did the same thing to get to 50 percent for migraines.

i wrote a letter telling about all the leave that I was using and the leave that I don't have because of migraines, and plus, copies of my ER visits and dr. vist. Went to my C&P exam, told the examier the same thing and told them how my migraines efect me everyday, and all the medication i have to take.

Then i got my 50 percent. went from 10 percent to 50 percent.

My experience you have to tell them every detail and give them every piece of evidence you have. Once you've done that, then you have done all that you are suppose to do.

REDDIT

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reddit -

Have you ever been re-evaluated for your migraines? I was told to expect it within a year, but it's been over two since my award.

AF,

When I appealed my first decision I Quoted CFR's in the DRO Request.

Here is one of them "Furthermore I would like an explanation as to why a mininum of 0% service connected rating was not given for injuries that were aggrivated or incurred during military service."

I think some of that helped me as well as submitting additional information every couple of weeks and sending in a status and progress check request every 3 months. I think this lets the VA know that you are doing your homework and are going to be proactive during the claim process.

Hope this helps :)

• 7 years later...

I got a white letter that let me know i went from nothing to 80% 70 for bipolar and 30 for flat feet = 80%. They also told me to fill out the enclose Unemployable form that i may be entitled to. a few days later the set me up another  C&P exam for PTSD

Yippee! I wish you had made this a new topic in Success stories- it will encourage others here.

I dont mean yippee regarding your disabilities.

The 21-8940 TDIU form they sent-

make sure, if you get SSDI solely for the Bi polar-that you tell them that on the form.

The VA can only pay for one MH disability....it is interesting that they set up a PTSD C & P exam.....

the PTSD could be found as exasperating the BP and/or  vice versa.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use