VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hearing Loss And Tinnitus

Rate this question

JohnM

Question

Is bilateral hearing loss and bilateral tinnitus classified as on or would they be classified seperate.

I have been reading tinnitus is 10% so would hearing lost be 10% also

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Guest anfrnkie
Thanks frank for your reply, I don't understand why one and not the other, but than we are not the Goverment.
john up to a few weeks the law was changed to 10% for one before the law changed it was 20% for both [tinnitus] hearing loss makes no sence to rate a 0 but you can always appeal that if hearing gets worse

• HadIt.com Elder

John,

Tinnitis has and always will be 10% unless the DAV takes the case to the high court, the court case dealt with whether or not bilateral status should be given to tinnitis, Veterans court said yes and the VA appeal was upheld by the Federal Circuit who said NO, so Vets got screwed again.

At least you are SC for the hearing loss , so if you feel its in error then keep your NOD active, you have nothing but time to lose.

Edited by JR Reihs

Guest rickb54

John,

as the others said tinnitus is always rated 10%,

The hearing loss however is not always 0% as some have said.

It is really hard to understand the rating rules for rating a hearing loss but the rating depends on the amount and type of hearing that you have lost.

I am rated 0% hearing loss based on the amount of hearing loss, but if my hearing gets worse it could be rated higher...

Hope this answers your question

Edited by rickb54