VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Total And Permanent Guidelines

Rate this question

MikeS

Question

Hi all:

From 8/2002 to 9/2010 I was Total and Permanent at 70% for PTSD TDIU.

I filed a claim for Housebound 9/2010 which was denied but the 70% TDIU was raised to 100% Schedular and Total and Permanent.

Did this change from 70% TDIU to 100% Schedular cause a break in the Total and Permanent guidelines ( like for CHAMPVA and DIC) ?

If not, this August makes 10 years as Total and Permanent.

Is this correct?

Thanks,

Mike S.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Your still at the date of August 2002 for the 10 year. Since 2008 the courts has said that a veteran can be rated 100% Scheduler and still keep their TDIU rating. You may still have the TDIU.

No that is not actually what the courts said. I gather you are refering to bradley v Peake.. The courts said if it benefits a veteran to retain TDIU over a 100% rating so that the veteran can get SMC S.. this would be allowable...Some BVA decisions had stated it was allowable to keep a TDIU award and have a seperate 100% rating if the two were for two different medical issues.

Right now, with the exception of a few BVA decisions that I researched the va is not awarding both TDIU and 100% ratings to veterans....