VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why Are We Wasting Our Tax Dollars On Such "systems"?

Rate this question

Papa

Question

I may have set a new recordmad.gif . I have been in the "Gathering Evidence" stage since Feb 16, 2010, give a week that I was in "review of evidence".

None of my appeals are in Ebenefits.

None of my C&P exams are in Ebenefits.

The 1-800# is totally worthless. I can get more info from Bootsie.

If, they are unable to keep a system current and personnel with answers, then it is time to try something else. This is just wasting tax dollars. IMHO.

Papa

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

i feel you papa on your sentiment. The VA system is a total Failure and i wish congress would just fire Eric S. and all his "Bonus" collecting Staff.

I look at it this way when dealling with the VA, "its like forging a sword," you just gotta keep hammering away at it day after day until you produced the results you want.

"There was an idea to bring together a group of remarkable people, so when we needed them, they could fight the battles that we never could..." -Nick Fury The Avengers 2012

• HadIt.com Elder

Just think. How long has it been screwed up,

Was it the fact that it was designed to be this way.

It is an entitlement system. Confusion and disarray are built in factors designed especially for the Veteran.

These folks are not as stupid as one would think are they?

They would like us to believe so.

Keep on digging Papa.

J

J

The VA being part of the Government confusion and disarray comes naturally, the VA just takes it to a newer and higher level.

Fox

This is not met to be a political statement, but if the current head of the VA worked in a private company with his record, he would have been fired. I realize he is a General, Veteran, Disabled Vietnam Veteran and I'm not taking anything away from his service to our country. But, needs someone with running a large organization in the civilian world. I have found that people who retired from the military and take a job supervising Government civilan employees tend to have issues. In fact, the ones that take non-goverment jobs also have issues.

We need some one that will come in a revamp the entire system. Teach VA employees the meaning of the word Customer Service. Teach them that we are not looking for hand outs, we are not welfare and food stamp receipents.

Whomever the next head person might be, I dlo not care if he is a Veteran, non-Veteran or not. I just want some one that can get the job done, and Eric S. is not getting the job done. JMHO.

Papa

J

The VA being part of the Government confusion and disarray comes naturally, the VA just takes it to a newer and higher level.

Fox

This is not met to be a political statement, but if the current head of the VA worked in a private company with his record, he would have been fired. I realize he is a General, Veteran, Disabled Vietnam Veteran and I'm not taking anything away from his service to our country. But, needs someone with running a large organization in the civilian world. I have found that people who retired from the military and take a job supervising Government civilan employees tend to have issues. In fact, the ones that take non-goverment jobs also have issues.

We need some one that will come in a revamp the entire system. Teach VA employees the meaning of the word Customer Service. Teach them that we are not looking for hand outs, we are not welfare and food stamp receipents.

Whomever the next head person might be, I dlo not care if he is a Veteran, non-Veteran or not. I just want some one that can get the job done, and Eric S. is not getting the job done. JMHO.

Papa

• HadIt.com Elder

I may have set a new recordmad.gif . I have been in the "Gathering Evidence" stage since Feb 16, 2010, give a week that I was in "review of evidence".

None of my appeals are in Ebenefits.

None of my C&P exams are in Ebenefits.

The 1-800# is totally worthless. I can get more info from Bootsie.

If, they are unable to keep a system current and personnel with answers, then it is time to try something else. This is just wasting tax dollars. IMHO.

Papa

I'm afraid your problems are typical rather than an isolated case. E Benefits information is often so far behind that it's useless.

Also, revisions to the various documents in E benefits over the last year or so have reduced claim related detail.

As a personal example, (last time I looked earlier this year) SC'd conditions beyond the highest (100%) disappeared.

Evidently the Nehmer review board entered them, and the area VARO removed them or altered the available information.

• HadIt.com Elder

It is congress that has failed us. They provide via taxes the money to run the VA. The VA has been underfunded for 40 years. The Congress via the VA sure does not want to meet its liabilites to injured vets who are no longer of any use.

John