VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Refuse Treatment To A Patient At Va

Rate this question

yelloownumber5

Question

Hi,

I wasn't sure where to post this but I have two questions.

First is about blood pressure ratings. I am SC'd for High blood pressure at 10 percent, today I went to the VA for an appointment that was supposed to have been about seeing the pain physcologist, headaches and muscle spasm/pains. So my blood pressure was 174/124 and like 5 mins later 164/117.

I have a print out of a lot of my VA blood pressure readings and they seem to be about 160/110 over about 4 years. Blood pressure is SC'd is that high enough for the increase? Not that I want that, I only want my BP lowered but I need to do something now.

Second. Because I told my VA PCP I do not want to increase my bp meds nor add another med to my treatment plan BUT I am open to testing antigens, my thining kidney poles that they know about or anything else. Well since I told her I did not want the medicine she told me "I'm not going to treat you for anything!" I am rated 50% and was just in for medicine because of pain and bad muscle spasms but I guess now I cannot get anything.

Any ideas of what I can do and what does the joint commission do?

Thanks,

Y#5

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Well just a follow up.

After my 5/11/2012 appointment I went to speak with the chief physcian.........who said they would do this and that, two and a half months later none of that came thru.

I spoke with a patient advocate at the vamc who wanted to just speak over me and not nice, however, she did get me an appointment with my PCP.

My wife attended my appointment and my wife just shut down the VA PCP. Again the VA PCP tried the "I'm the doctor and I will treat what I want" being unwilling to treat my issues if she doesn't treat my blood pressure which IS managed by another doctor. Now I get a full kidney work up (US and all) heart work up and the whole mix.

Y#5

Y#5,

Sorry for the frustration you're dealing with in VA care.

Can you change your PCP?

I've been switching to Medicare and am pleased with a better level of service and more frequent replacement of durable medical equipment locally instead of driving hours to VA.

Good luck! smile.png