VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Medication Lawsuit Filed Against Va

dioge73

Question

http://www.tampabay.com/news/military/veterans/lawsuit-bay-pines-va-sends-suicidal-woman-three-months-worth-of-pain-pills/1230308

In part:

“TAMPA — The Bay Pines VA Medical Center mailed a three-month supply of pain medication to a Treasure Island woman with a history of suicide threats who died after overdosing on the pills, a lawsuit filed this month says.”

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

So sad to hear this. Rather than help her, they giver her what she needed to go over the edge. Where's all this outreach I keep hearing about??

• HadIt.com Elder

I bet the VA will use this to cut back on pain medications to Veterans who need it.

I am sorry about the Lady but a one month supply would have accomplished the same.

A 3 month supply? What happened to monthly requests, having to have a "hard copy" sent tp pharmacy every month for a month's refill. These are the same peolpe who claim they do dental implants too. What's the story here?

A 3 month supply? What happened to monthly requests, having to have a "hard copy" sent tp pharmacy every month for a month's refill. These are the same peolpe who claim they do dental implants too. What's the story here?

3 Months Supply.............isn't it max of a month? I thought they usually don't send over the lethal dose amount? I guess not.

my husband was a Vietnam vet & passed away 10 yrs. ago. the hospital & doctors were baffled at what caused his death. Last yr.my benefits stopped as my son turned 16 & his death was not recorded as service connected. I pulled out a box of his paperwork that I started to read 10 yrs. ago but got too upset & put them away. I found specific evidence that it was the fault of the VA . I put in a claim for widow benefits & it is still in progress. ( I see no way they can deny them ) . My question is : is there a statute of limitations for a wrongful death suit ? It is written on there paperwork they were not to give him a certain drug because there could be a critical interaction with a medication he was on for years. They prescribed it anyways along with a replacement med. He was 100% TPD. Within 5 months taking this, he died, of every symptom this interaction caused. The evidence is clearly apparent . I was told I need an attorney that handles TORTE claims. a local attorney told me there was a 2 year window but was not sure if it applied for this type of claim. As of yet I have not found an attorney who can handle this or answer me. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.