VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P Exams Dumb Question

Rate this question

SpcDearman

Question

Veterans. :)

Good afternoon. I have a rather dumb question. Can C&P results be seen through e benfits. Also, if I ask for a copy of the first c & p results can i be put "back in line?". I have another shoulder exam next month and I still havent gotten out of the decision phase. Actually, e benfits show back in gathering of evidence phase. Thanks guys.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

SpecDearman. you "SHOULD" be able to get a copy from the place where your C&P was done. Ask the receptionist where you can get a copy of it and he/she should be able to point you in the right direction. You will need to sign a release of information form to get it.

Edited by oldranger821

A DUMB QUESTION IS ONE THAT HASN'T BEEN ASKED!! No such critter here at Hadit.

Carlie & Ranger are correct. Also, alot of the VAMC upon request will give you a copy at their records window. Like Ranger mentioned, you have to sign a release form at the window and if that's all you want, most likely they'll give it to you right then. If you want a copy of your whole medical file, then you would probably have to wait till they mail it to you.

Note; This is ONLY if you had the C&P conducted at the VAMC.

Coot

I appreciate the help guys. I just had it yesterday and for some odd reason I was reevaluated for my shoulders again and knees. I actually had knee xrays done this ttime. I was able to get one bit of news that I consider great. I was not exaggerating on mh shoulders being VERY VERY bad and everything that I told him was verified via my records. I complained about a vehicle rollover and he agreed stating he sees the medivac report and all issues before that of my complaints. Oh guess what! I CAUGHT HIM!!! This site truly prepared me. I was laying on my back as if I was giving birth and the doctor started to unzip the bottoms of my sport pants (yeah easy access). He stopped and asked me to do it for him. AHA. I was already hurting so I did up situp position without pushing up with my shoulders. I pulled from the top of my knee and raised my pants that way. I promise his attitude changed so quickly with that. He truly noticed that I was not joking. I have one more ortho appointment here in two days so I will report back with information.

That wasn't a dumb question at all.

I have written to the Heads of the VBA and VHA to ask the why C & P rersults cant be attached to the ebenefits page to allow vets immediate access to those reports.

Haven't heard back yet and Dr. Bash also collaborated with me on this issue because an as IMO doctor, he has found things in C & P exams that should have gotten immediate health care attention from VA but it takes too long sometimes for the QTC exams to be available for the veteran to get a copy of. when they are needed.

An IMO should never be requested by a veteran without the results of any C & P used to deny.So that the IMO doctor can fully opine n how deficient the C & P might have been.

The results of the C & P exams are what controls us and our claims more than almost anything else.

SInce VA wants to go paperless and also wants all vets to use ebenefits, I made the point to VA that if the C & Ps could appear as downloadable or printable attachments right in ebenefits, then this would induce more vets to sign up for ebenefits

( as well as have more ability to challenge any denials.