VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Believe I Have An Implied Claim....

Rate this question

justrluk

Question

A few months ago, I had a claim (two had been combined into one) that was granted. I'm very grateful for this. As the claims closed, a new claim appeared on eBenefits w/NO contentions. I've been trying ever since to figure out what it's for, or who filed the claim. My VSO didn't and can't see any contentions either.

Then, talked to Peggy, (after a 50min hold) and she researched the claim. She (really a 'she') couldn't see anything either. She sent a message to the ATL VARO asking them to contact me. We'll see what happens....dry.png

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Could the "claim" be service credit for reworking your dependant issues at the new rate?

I see in the future a glowing report from the VA, ON the VA, demonstrating how even though the backlog continues it is not thier fault they have increased claims production "130%"(pick a number any number). They won't note that the word claim now includes copy C&P files, Dependancy adjustments and what ever else they code a "claim" to include.

Best regards,

Funny you mention it, but there's another dependency claim showing as well. I'm already being paid the correct rate for my dependents, so we'll see where it goes. My VSO said they usually do this last after other claims are done. I'm just itching to see what the other claim is for....

• HadIt.com Elder

The flag to me was ATL VARO. It looks like it's possible that they may have or have had a claim that went through the decision process, and found an "implied" claim that was not worked. They were really bad about ignoring implied claims in the past. Perhaps the Nehmer review board results highlighted this by seeing implied claims and acting on them for the A/O veterans.

Chuck -

Could be; I've called Peggy, sent IRIS and bugged my VSO to find out what it's for. We'll see. Hopefully if it's for something I don't think is an issue I can kill it before it causes even more delays in my DRO issues.

So I received a response from the IRIS sent two weeks ago - the answer was (drum roll here): we don't know what the claim is for! Now, I don't work within that system, but surely they can see who entered the claim, and make contact. I can see who does most things on our systems, so I'm pretty sure it's possible for the VA as well.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think you refer to them as "inferred claims". That is when from the evidence the VA has they have a duty to infer a claim such as TDIU if they know a vet is on SSD for his SC PTSD. However, as has been said they almost never do this. If a C&P exam doctor was doing a exam on your AO DMII and discovered a heart condition how can the doctor just ignore that inferred claim and not inform you or your PCP?