VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need To Know Where To Send The Sf 95 Getting Conflicting Answers

Rate this question

ytheydothis

Question

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

"i called the hospital where the injury occured they said to send it to the Regional office and i read something about Washington DC, so if someone could direct me to insure i cover all areas thank you "

I forgot to ask- was an Incident report done when this happened ? Have you requested a copy of it?

My Incident report on a medication error was in my C file. I think it was a 21-119 form and I will try to find it for the exact number of the form.

Also have you considered doing a run down on the doctors involved in this situation?

www.heathgrades.com for a few bucks, can give you a run down on their expertise and education if the doctors are listed there.

I have used heathgrade info for one of my claims and a local vet's claim to prove their C & P doctor had no expertise in the field of the C & P disability.

Healthgrade info is voluntarily provided by medical providers. H& HS info s below is not voluntary.

Your state might well have a state Medical Discipline site.

Try the state office of Health and Human Services for their link to Disciplined doctors.

If any of these doctors were charged with medical malpractice in the past and a FTCA VA cash settlement occurred, they should be listed there.

The VA is mandated by an agreement with the NPDB to provide this type of info to every state H & H S .

Of course the VA only honors that mandate sometimes.

Make sure you have copies of ALL VA medical records available -if possible-before you formally file SF 95 or a Section 1151 claim.

These days it is taking so long to get med rec and C file copies, this could easily piss away a Statute of Limits time frame on the SF 95, so that does need to be filed in time.

The SOL is usually always 2 years from the injured party's knowledge of the malpractice.

I say 'usually' because in some cases a good lawyer could possibly circumvent that.but It doesn't happen often .

I know a vet I helped who lost due to the SOL.

For some bizarre reason he held onto the SF 95 until the very last minute and I couldnt seem to get him to mail it.

He was reluctant to get an attorney but he sure needed one.For the entire 2 year SOL he called me up or met me at the local VA discussing his case but held onto the SF 95 until the last minute and then said he had asked a VA employee to mail it for him certified.

OGC called him a few weeks later to tell him of the date they received the form and the SOL deadline had passed.

He had no FTCA case. I again suggested he get a lawyer to see if anything could be done but he didnt.