VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Washington D.c. Is Helping

Rate this question

#1Cavtrooper

Question

You might have seen my post "Nothing Short of A Miracle". I will pass this info on for it may help others with hardship or extreme cases like mine.

Department of Veterans Affairs

Office of Communications and Case Management

Washington D.C.

(202) 273-5674

I had post the address on Monday. If my claim is completed quickly......then I know it has done some good!

Edited by #1Cavtrooper

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

THANKS

I used this office to have Mr. Thomas down there to hand deliver a letter to Sec Shinseki for me during Shreddergate.

The letter then became testimony I gave to the H Vac Subcommittee on the "October Incident" as I did not have time, when contacted by the H VAC to prepare a formal witness statement.

It was good enough though.

I forget how the Secretary replied to me.

I also used a recent tactic too to get VA to CUE itself and had input from VA Central on that.

I dont feel anyone should consider these contacts unless they, like you, have a very valid concern.

I didnt know they handled hardship issues this way

But I had Extreme concerns and the VA Office of Survivors helped me a lot with the last problem I had.

Well, I contacted the 1800 (as a good many of us say "the Peggy #") and they tell me my claim is "Complete" as of Wednesday May 16. The 1800 agent tells me to start checking my mail.

Well, I contacted the 1800 (as a good many of us say "the Peggy #") and they tell me my claim is "Complete" as of Wednesday May 16. The 1800 agent tells me to start checking my mail. You are absolutely right about contacting in extreme situations only. Berta, once a claim file is picked up, how quick can they complete? In 2 days? I faxed that up there on Monday at 1300 CST. Btw, on Monday, he (man in D.C.) told me that the Houston hasn't even read my hardship paperwork that they picked up from my DAV office on (April 13) in the same bldg as rating authority. The key thing was he asked me if I would be able to "redeem" my financial situation. I told if action was taken quick enough I might be able to.

Edited by #1Cavtrooper

Its really funny that I contacted the DC number, and while I have not heard back from them, I received a call from 1800Peggy yesterday to ask me what I wanted. Good grief, they called memad.gif . They told me that they know nothing. BTW, I did set up an appointment for them to call me back, LAST FRIDAY was the appointmentmad.gif . Today, I got a iris email today telling me that they can not answer my inquiry regarding an upcoming exam because they sent my records to some Doctor that will perform the exam. While I did not recall sending this inquiry, I do recall asking what type of exam I would be undergoing. Now, I had to send out another inquiry asking them that if they sent my records to a specific Doctor they should know the type of exam I would be having. I'm thinking another Parkinson's exam since my Lawyer filed for an increase. I hope to hear from the DC office soon. What is so funny is that while visiting my Daughter, I walked right be the VA building.

Good Luck Cav

Papa

So the 1800# called you and asked you what you wanted? Lol I agree.....Good Grief Charlie Brown

I guess that I will wait and see if the ever elusive brown envelope will arrive.

And checking my letter generator.

Edited by #1Cavtrooper