VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Some Advice Another Denial

Rate this question

Testvet

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

actually a lot of denials lol, even though they were supposed to only be looking at hypertension and heart disease, they re-denied and continued the denial of 2004. This was in reaction to my letter to Admiral Cooper after the VARO in Columbia attempted to use the same distortion with him that they had used in Sept 2005 with renee Szybala, that yes I was at Edgewood for the tests but I got sick and was sent home before the chemical weapons and drug etsts began.

I sent him three documents that proved that either the VARO was misunderstanding my C File or flat lying about my Edgewood experience. Within 2 weeks of that evidence being sent to Admiral Cooper the C&P exams were scheduled and completed on 19 July 2006, I got the denial letter yesterday, 9 days from C&P to receiving the letter, a record for the VA. Not only did they deny hypertension and CAD due to secondary conditions of PTSD they denied COPD, epmhysema, car allowance due to power chair, house adapatation allowance, specially adapted housing, they went above and beyond the hypertension and heart problems.

Bottom line is in over 4 years they have never addressed the chemical weapons and drug experiments except once, then as soon as they awarded my PTSD claim at the 100% P&T level they closed all other issues on April 3 2006, I objected, I want the heart issues SC because when I die prematurely I want my wife and son to keep getting the DIC payments. The EPA reports on Edgewood Arsenal show about 100 toxic chemicals and metals in the drinking water, the ground water and the soils of Edgewood, the EPA forced the water wells capped in 1978, and the govt has had to pipe in water to the base and town of Edgewood ever since. The base is so contaminated it will never see the BRAC closure list due to the fact it can never be cleaned up enough.

I know if I go the BVA route all the BVA is going to do is remand it because they have never addressed the tests, the VARO just keeps telling lie after lie about it. DOD keeps obstructing justice for the 7120 veterans of the test, they refuse to allow the VA to get the names and addresses of the men used, it appears that is stillm the last secret of the tests, besides the entire list of all 254 chemicals and drugs used on the veterans in the experiments some are known, Sarin, mustard agents, LSD, PCP, scopolamine.

I am debating suing R James Nicholson, Cheney and Rumsfeld in Federal Court on the conspiracy to deny these cold war veetrans and myself our veterans benefits due us caused by the experiments, and their intentional denial of information is just an obstruction of justice. Justice Sandra Day O'Conner told the govt in the 5-4 dissent in 1987 of the Stanley case that these victimsw of the Edgewood experiments deserved compensation, that was 19 years ago, the VA promised Congress to find us and the WW2 era test vets in March 1993 when Dick Cheney was Sec of Defense, still nothing but typical VA run around BS, should I file the lawsuit and file the form 9?

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Mike- your shrink wont do it- but there is nothing wrong with asking another shrink---for a fee to check out your med recs-

I just asked a local dentist for an IMO to support my claim-

Even with the 2 IMOS I have, Rod had an oral manifestation-candidia-of diabetes and in dental school , dentists are taught that this can be first manifestation of high glucose.

I kind of hesitated to ask my personal dentist -I just want someone very objective- but then again- it has to be a dentist with Oral Pathology background-so -if this one cant help he might know one who could-

I dont think I even need another opinion but I was struck by how significant this single symptom of DMII was when I read alot of dental medical stuff-

it is in the VA training letter too-

I looked back over my past 1990s denial Mike- all those claims were won - so I say regardless of their denials -keep on fighting them any way you can.

You yourself have proven that you can file and succeed in a valid claim-

it was hard but you have confidence now that comes with experience.You are absolutely right about not quitting a battle.

Guest morgan

Mike,

You might want to call or email Dr. Bash; he refers PTSD patients to a great psychiatrist he knows. This psychiatrist has excellent credentials and wants to help veterans.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think I know who you are referring to not Dr Bash I know who he is, but the shrink I mean e mail me at testvet@aol.com and I can tell you his name and and the background on it, I hadn't thought about that route but between his pathology and my heart doctor the VA would have a real hard time disputing it wouldn't they? Since the BVA now accepts Dr Boscarion's studies to approve SC heart problems. Thanks sometimes you just miss the stuff in the mirror.

Edgewood and the experiments give me tunnel vision.

Edited by Testvet

Mike- "Since the BVA now accepts Dr Boscarion's studies to approve SC heart problems. Thanks "

Do you have a docket on that?

If not that's OK-

I think I did see one of his studies in support of a favorable IMO-at the BVA -

but otherwise VA can say that his studies are probative but not specific to the individual veteran's disability.

I use med treatises and studies all the time-Dr. Bash used a great one in the IMO he did for me.

"A veteran with a competent medical diagnosis of a current disorder may invoke an accepted medical treatise in order to establish the required medical nexus (for service connection),in an appropriate case it should not be necessary to obtain the services of medical personnel to show how the treatise applies to his case."

Hensley V. West, Wallin V West.

Sounds good-but the VA does not always honor this however-

I suggest a vet should send them any CAVC citation they can to support a medical treatise.

Unless they already have a good IMO, too.

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta your doctor still has to write the letter saying that it is more likely than not that your hypertension or artherisclerosis is either caused or aggravated by your PTSD without that letter your claim is still going to get shit on, ifyou have a doc that doesn't believe the theory that stress kills get an IMO from someone else there are numerous BVA decisionsin the past year accepting the doctors letters and Dr Boscraino's stydies.

Could this be used?

HEY VA! HAVE YOU HEARD? July 26, 2006

Could a connection between depression and heart problems put you at

risk? San Francisco VA Medical Center's Dr. Mary Whooley, M.D., thinks

so. Her recent study of heart patients suggests that depression and

heart disease often go hand-in-hand. Dr. Whooley surveyed current

research on the connection between heart disease and depression, and her

findings were recently published in the Journal of the American Medical

Association. "The majority of studies have found that depression is

associated with an increased risk of heart attacks," she said. She said

that the research literature shows that one out of every three heart

failure patients is clinically depressed. Dr. Whooley noted the possible

physical impact of depression in her article. "It may be that patients

with depression have elevated levels of stress hormones that might

damage

their heart, or there may be behavioral consequences of depression such

as not taking mediations as prescribed, not eating as well or not

exercising," she said. "Treating depression first might help a patient

recover better from other illnesses. According to the America Heart

Association, heart disease is the number one killer in America. More

than 71 million Americans are suffering from some type of cardiovascular

disease. Research also shows that physical illness can be exacerbated

by

depression, causing patients to heal more slowly.

Sbrewer