VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

5 Years Gone By Now No Bva Docket Number

Rate this question

grent

Question

finally i sent in a letter to BVA Washington. Lawyers dont tell me anything so im just seeing what happens now. Wow amazing is all i can say. VARO Says they cant find the form 9 but i have the copy of form 9 with return receipt to show its filed. I dont call the lawyers anymore they dont return phone calls.

So i just keep waiting see what happens now.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

finally i sent in a letter to BVA Washington. Lawyers dont tell me anything so im just seeing what happens now. Wow amazing is all i can say. VARO Says they cant find the form 9 but i have the copy of form 9 with return receipt to show its filed. I dont call the lawyers anymore they dont return phone calls.

So i just keep waiting see what happens now.

Call the BVA's Ombudsmans Office and verify if your claims file is under their jurisdiction

or if they have physically received your file yet.

You usually receive a letter from them letting you know your file has been physically transferred to them.

JMHO

Grent ,in May 2011 you posted here:

“I FOUND OUT MY CLAIM OR SOME OF MY CLAIM IS IN A PLACE CALLED THE TIGER TEAM CLEVELAND OHIO”

It is possible your claim might still be there.

In March 2010 I posted for you the BVA ombudsman email addy.

bvaombudsman@va.gov

How did they reply as to the status of your BVA appeal?

In Feb 2010 you asked:

“Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:16 PM

I HAVE AN APPEAL PENDING BEFORE BVA

CAN I SEND NEXUS LETTERS AND NEW MEDICAL EVIDENCE TO THE BVA WHILE MY APPEAL IS PENDING

FOR INSTANCE CAN I SEND MEDICAL REPORTS FROM MEDICARE DOCTOR'S WHILE I AM WAITING DURING THIS TWO YEAR PERIOD ALL THESE NEW REPORTS ARE RELATED TO MY SC CONDITIONS

THKS

GRT “

If you had this evidence in 2010 where did you send it?

I am trying to figure out here where your I-9 actually is.

It might not even be at the BVA.

Have you used IRIS for a status of your issues?

It is the “Contact us” link at the top of the main VA Web site:

http://www.va.gov/

In 2010 you said you had moved to another country. Are you still outside of CONUS?

Correct me if I am wrong.

Is VA processing the claim with that in mind?

These two links show how they process claims from vets living abroad:

http://www.vba.va.go...eign/claims.htm

Here is VA contact info for those types of claims:

http://www.vba.va.go...ign/forinqu.htm

Something seems wrong here and I too would like to know who your lawyer is.

Certainly many many I-9 appeals never even get to the BVA and are resolved at a RO level.

I am hoping this might be the case here, they are still working on it at a VARO.

Yesterday you said here:

“i just keep waiting see what happens now. “

That wont help.

If I had done that (and I dont mean to sound harsh here ) for any one of my multiple VA issues,

I would be in the crapper by now.And it would be my own fault.

I checked and double checked everything any vet rep ever told me they would do.

They didnt do much at all anyhow. But I also sent whatever they said they sent for me, to the RO too , and I sure checked the 646 form . Did the DAV or your lawyer prepare one?

If so it should be in your C file.

If a vet rep or lawyer sits on their thumbs over a 646, this adds significant time to any claim ,set for BVA transfer, to actually getting to the BVA.

Something is wrong here but it might not be as bad as it looks---

“Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:16 PM

I HAVE AN APPEAL PENDING BEFORE BVA

CAN I SEND NEXUS LETTERS AND NEW MEDICAL EVIDENCE TO THE BVA WHILE MY APPEAL IS PENDING

FOR INSTANCE CAN I SEND MEDICAL REPORTS FROM MEDICARE DOCTOR'S WHILE I AM WAITING DURING THIS TWO YEAR PERIOD ALL THESE NEW REPORTS ARE RELATED TO MY SC CONDITIONS

THKS

GRT “

I assume if you did send in nexus letters and additional medical evidence during the appellate period,

which VA hopefully received, that it is possible this info turned the tide on the claim and it is still pending at either the Tiger team or whatever part of VA handles claims from vets living abroad.

But if I were you I would be on the phone ,fax and email early Monday Morning with IRIS, BVA, Tiger team, and the original agency of jurisdiction.

Send a Fax to the lawyer you mentioned who keeps ignoring you,and signed a fee agreement with , asking for immediate response by email or fax ( phone calls have no hard copy)

to the status of the appeal they handled for you, otherwise you will contact the bar association in your state and the Office of General Counsel VA.

I have the contact number and person you need for that at the OGC but will await your response here.

If no fee agreement was signed, they are not responsible for the claim at all.

I assume you DID sign a fee agreement ,and have a copy of it, and they are actually legally representing you and come under 38 USC 14.633 as fully accredited to represent you before the VA and you can prove with your phone bill and/or emails they have been completely unresponsive to your status requests.

Edited by Berta

The Tiger Team comes out of the Cleveland VARO

Director Joyce Cange

1-216-522-3600 voice

1-216-52-3518 (Fax)

RO VSCM Charles Moore 1-216-52-4950

The contact info for vets living in Canada is in the link I already posted this AM.

Your original agency of Jurisdiction from what I could find in your past posts was Boston.

Boston VARO

Director Bradley Mayes ( yes to all who know who he is-he left VA Central in DC about a year ago)

1-617-393-4250 voice

1-617-303-5561 Fax

VSCM Abner Concepion 1-617-303-1385