VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dfas Mystery Payment

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

I recieved a payment from DFAS into my checking it posted as the following DFAS-CLEVELAND DFASFKSPEC. I have no idea as to what it is the VA has no idea neither do the people at DFAS

since they handle only retired vets. Im confused since i know they always get there money back and Ive been out 2 years now

and just want an answer as to who gave me the money if not error then what. Hopefully someone can give me an answer to when they want there money back.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Call 1-800-321-1080 and ask. I guarantee if it was a mistake it will disappear from your checking account as quickly as it showed up!!

I called that number and 1 800 336-4649 and 1800 729 3277 they all say the same thing they have no record of any payment going out to me its alittle crazy I was thinking it was me getting paid again by accident but I made more then that and I no it was retirement pay im jus confused DFAS-CLEVELAND DFASFKSPEC it looks like a special payment of some sort not even google has the answer I have in my savings just sucks having it jus sit then when I just bought a new home.

This will most likely not help you, but I can relate. I recall over 30 years ago, I received a check in the mail from the VA for over $10,000.00. I did not have anything at all to do with the VA at the time, so this was a big surprise. I wanted to spend the money so bad as I was out of work, but I knew better. I took the check to the local VA office in San ntonio, and this VA employee must have thought I was a total idiot. He wanted me to go cash the check and bring him the cash. I looked around flor the person with the biggest and nicest office, walked in and told them what this dipstick wanted me to do. Well, he typed up a receipt on VA letterhead, and I also got a copy of the check.

Just be careful how you handle this, and do not trust everyone in the VA.

Papa

Stop-loss pay?

I recieved a payment from DFAS into my checking it posted as the following DFAS-CLEVELAND DFASFKSPEC. I have no idea as to what it is the VA has no idea neither do the people at DFAS

since they handle only retired vets. Im confused since i know they always get there money back and Ive been out 2 years now

and just want an answer as to who gave me the money if not error then what. Hopefully someone can give me an answer to when they want there money back.

I dont even know what a stop loss pay is so can someone explain but it doesnt sound like it would be.