VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dfas Mystery Payment

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

I recieved a payment from DFAS into my checking it posted as the following DFAS-CLEVELAND DFASFKSPEC. I have no idea as to what it is the VA has no idea neither do the people at DFAS

since they handle only retired vets. Im confused since i know they always get there money back and Ive been out 2 years now

and just want an answer as to who gave me the money if not error then what. Hopefully someone can give me an answer to when they want there money back.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I would call DFAS and tell them the situation and then ask them to write out a signed statement saying I could cash and spend this money. Either that would get the ball rolling, or they'll write the letter. Give them a time to respond, like 15 days. Let them know your serious as hell!!

Coot

One other thing you could do is contact a lawyer and see what he/she says. Don't hire one, just ask for a consult. Your smart by not cashing it in yet!!

Coot

If you see a Lawyer, please do not let them get near that checksmile.png

Papa

• HadIt.com Elder

When you set up a "direct deposit", the banking laws automatically set up a withdrawal capability as well, in order to "correct" such mistakes.

So, the money may disappear as mysteriously as it appeared.

jefri -- go to the DFAS Facebook page and post your comment. Doesn't matter which thread, all comments constantly reviewed. They should respond within a day or so and provide you a secure link so they can get your particulars. Their normal response time on posts is usually 3 to 5 days, but sometimes faster, depending on circumstances of your case. Once you've entered the info via secure link, they will probably work issue and provide answer directly to you rather than post it on page. Give it a shot, can't hurt.