VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Brown Envelope From Va

Rate this question

qwiksting

Question

I received in the mail today a brown envelope from VA. I looked at the post mark, and it said Claysburg,Pa. I thought that to be weird,but I opened it and it was a Veterans Health Benefit Handbook, a letter from Va telling me how pleased they were to be able to present me a personalized Veterans Benefits Handbook, also a form 4107VHA, (something to do about my rights to appeal our decision). So anyway, I checked benefits and my appeal is still with the VLJ. Has anyone else received this in the mail???or am I paranoid?

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

If you are service connected you got one. What are you seeing on Ebenefits for your appeal? Check the detail for recent correspondence. Check Claims to see if they have filed any for you without your knowledge.They could use that to hold up your appeal.

No, everything looks the same on ebenefits. It is still with VLJ, no new claims files either. as far as correspondence, its the same, I sent in a DBQ that my pcp at va filled out for me. It says received on 5/14/2012. Yes, I am service connected, I just never have gotten one of these before. It makes me paranoid. I don't trust VA.

I received in the mail today a brown envelope from VA. I looked at the post mark, and it said Claysburg,Pa. I thought that to be weird,but I opened it and it was a Veterans Health Benefit Handbook, a letter from Va telling me how pleased they were to be able to present me a personalized Veterans Benefits Handbook,

They have been sending these "personalized" benefits books for about

a year now.

Just received one yesterday as well. Good info, especially for my spouse as she doesn't really engage with the VA system.