Cant Get Clear Answer From Peggy Or Ebenefits On Claims

Denmaint7

Question

Hello Everyone,

My question is, after calling "Peggy" and not really getting a clear answer that my sleep apnea claim is being addressed.. I got A letter from V.A.R.O. in April 2012 stating my sleep apnea claim will be addressed in "seperate corospondance."from my new claims.

Back in Oct 2011, I was denied my sleep apnea claim. It was what I was medically discharged out of the ANG after 15 active AF and 14 ANG. I was on orders before during and after my sleep study. I was deplyed to Kunsan AB, Korea when my problems with apnea started.

I have sent every order I was on during this and again, I was denied. Then last month, April 2012. I get letter that my "other" claims require another c&p for my added Lt knee and request for increase to my current 0% for my lt great toe that was crushed from an F-111F fuel tank during a load out excecise back in 1986. crew chief a/c mech.

In this letter it specifically stated my sleep apnea will be addressed in seperate corrspondance??? Three mo ago I was told it was closed???

I want to find out if this is dis-information or could they have actually figured out it was service connected as I explained to them earlier with proof, and are working the claim. no show on ebenefits any where.

I do have until 15 Nov 2012 to file a NOD on this claim. I want to believe something good will come of this curve ball. But I cant get any real answers thru the channels I am trying, ie ebenefits and the phone. I do not have a VSO per say. Any thoughts on the info/ letter I have reveived so far from v.a. on this claim. Thank you all! Denmaint7

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Most Service Officers can find out for you as they have access to current info that is on the computer.

Ebenefits was designed to take pressure off 800 number and 800 number except for checking on payment info and requesting forms is useless.

Just my humble opinion

Did you know thatEbenefits relies on your VARO to enter the info and everyone knows how behind most VARO's aRE

Most Service Officers can find out for you as they have access to current info that is on the computer.......

Interesting. The Polk county VSO doesn't know about this.... Can you tell me an office / VSO that does? I would love to get a true status.

Give your POA to a national VSO like DAV or VFW if you want to use them. Either that or hire a lawyer.

Okay, I asked my VSO... she does know about this. My bad, I didn't know it was at the RO level... Thanks