VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p How Do I Get A Copy

Rate this question

Sapper101

Question

I had my C&P and Hearing exam back in Dec 2011 how long before I can see the doctors reports,and how can I get them if their isv a chance. I have not heard anything , my exam was done in St.Pete, Florida.

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

If you had your exam at the VAMC and not at a contractors office, then all you need to do is go to your VAMC at the records window and request a copy of the C&P exam of Dec 2011. They should give it to you after signing a release form.

Coot

Hello Cooter, I too had a QTC C and P exam that was favorable to help in the awarding of my claim way back in Feb of 2012. I still have not got a copy of it . They say they are working on it but have not received my copy of it. .. I too am going to have to hunker down and wait for the report then go forward with any new evidence .However ths can pose problem if you are facing a deadline ,,,,,,,especially if you are trying to counter a bad C and P with an IMO . Maybe the VA does this on purpose knowing it. At any rate I would hang in there and request a copy of it or go see the RO and personally have them get it from the file so you can make the next correct move in your claim.

If the C and P was not QTC and it was done thru a VA medical center or clinic or a fee basis then you can get a copy of it with a week or 10 days. BUTTTTTT ,,,,Butttttt QTC C and Ps are property of the VA Regional Office and it really urks me that we have a double standard especially when the medical records from any exam are kept away from the Veteran. Stop and think about it though.......if you try and get a proper IMO to counterpunch the QTC C and P then you have definite time lines that can cause you to miss it. Dealing with this must develope some patience And then and then..... and NEVER GIVE UP , God Bless, C.C.

sorry about all the lines but I am at a hotel computer and cant make this thing hadit friendly.......oh weellll sorry anyway...hopefully you will get my point.

Edited by Capt.Contaminate

Thanks for the reply mine was done at the VAMC I will try to get a copy. If I see that it is not good can I still have a IMO put in before they decide my claim even atfer Six mts.

Edited by Sapper101

Yes, and highly suggest it!!!...Matter of fact that's one good reason to get an IMO/IME. Make sure your IMO Dr gets a copy of it so he'll be able to rebutt anything negative the examiner stated. DON'T FORGET TO USE THE IMO FORMAT HERE AT HADIT!!!!!!!

Coot

Check this link out. You might want to read the whole thread to get a better grasp of an IMO. Then refer to Berta's post #17, she perty much has it all done except one other thing that needs to be mentioned and that would be carlies post#8. Let us know if you need any more help.

Coot