VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p How Do I Get A Copy

Rate this question

Sapper101

Question

I had my C&P and Hearing exam back in Dec 2011 how long before I can see the doctors reports,and how can I get them if their isv a chance. I have not heard anything , my exam was done in St.Pete, Florida.

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Before you get IMO's it is a good idea to get a copy of your C-File so doctor can say that he reviewed your file and SMR's. If you don't have a copy how can he review it. The VA has pulled that trick before to my knowledge. The vet had the doc use the standard language "After a careful review of all the vet's SMR's and current medical records....". The vet did not have his SMR's. The VA found out and threw out his IMO.

John

To add a little to what John just mentioned, it's better when the IMO Dr states a few items from the SMR to let the rater know the Dr really did review them. John, the same thing happened to this one Vet when he told his Dr to state that he reviewed his c;file. Of course the rater knew better because the Vet never requested the copy of them.

Coot

I recently had a C&P in April. I waited for it to post to ebenefits as returned to VARO...about 2 weeks. I, then, went to release of information at the VAMC and obtained not an actual summarized report as I've seen before, but the completed work sheet for the type of exam. VAMC did not have a summary. I actually liked the worksheet information much better because it had everything for each question, not just a summary from the doctor.

The new BDQ's aren't no where like the older version exams. The older exams always gave the end results in a few paragraphs or more, and also stated what you would need for a higher rating. Yepper, they can take these BDQ's and use them for kindling as far as I care. But that's JMO.

Coot

Hello Sapper...... Did you get your C and P from QTC or did you get one from a VA clinic or hospital or even a fee basis Dr?

Ethans Grandma...... If you can get the VA to get you a C and P from the VAMC like you did , then you can get a copy of the records. However if you have to go to QTC it will be a long drawn out battle to get a copy. Like mine has been with the QTC even though I was awarded on it. I still have not got a copy of the findings/report since Dec. 2012. Waiting on them to send my copy of the report should be a red flag to all Veterans , to NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

Just got my C&P exam for my tinnitus the audiologist put at least as likely as not caused by or a result of military noise exposure. Acoustic trauma has been conceded. For my back and ankle the opinion states the Veterans current right ankle and back disabilities are incurred in or caused by his active duty service as well documented in his SMR. Separation physical showed recurrent back pain and ankle sprain in 1993. My question is what does all this mean.