VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ratings Table From 1982

Rate this question

SueEdel

Question

I am trying to figure out exactly what my rating was in 1980 through 1982. At the time I was in a dispute with the VA over a rating. In 1982 I received a letter that stated:

Monthly Amount Beginning Date

$321.00 01/03/1980

$327.00 10/01/1980

$413.00 10/01/1981

$443.00 10/01/1982

When I go to the VA page and try to get to rating tables I can not get beyond 1999 - even when I click "prior".

There is nothing on the letter which states the actual rating. It would be as a single, unmarried veteran. I am trying to determine if it was @ 30% or 50% or 60%. Did the percentage change over the dates or was this the time period when they raised the rates beyond a COLAincrease. I know this is 30 years ago....can you assist?

Edited by SueEdel

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

It appears that my rating increased on one issue from 30 to 50. The issue with my back injury stayed at 10%. So it was at 40% combined and went to 60% combined but on which date listed above? Without rating table it is difficult to tell.

• HadIt.com Elder

I believe it's easy to tell. On 10/01/1981 it jumped $86 dollars, which would have been much larger than a COLA raise, around 26%. You'll also note back then they gave raises at the beginning of the fiscal yr, October first, rather than like they do now, December first. Must have been some cost savings measure, that screwed the vet, once again!!! Also note that the 10/01/1982 raise was a little over 7% which was fairly substantial. jmo

pr

It appears that my rating increased on one issue from 30 to 50. The issue with my back injury stayed at 10%. So it was at 40% combined and went to 60% combined but on which date listed above? Without rating table it is difficult to tell.

Thank you! Thank you! I wanted to use a reference statement written for me by a VA counseling psycholigist when I was employed as his work study student in 1980-1980. I had a claim back then but knew that I had succeeded. I wanted to use this glowing reference statement to show that even though I was 50% and 10%= 60% combined I was still a very productive member of society. Excellent grades, recommends me for employment, etc.

I thought this might be similar to the buddy letter concept. It is a snipet in time. 30 years later as medical problems have escalated- I can show the difference.

Just wanted to be sure I was actually at 50 since I am going for 70.

Good job for a vet in need of an answer!!

• Founder

Thank you! Thank you! I wanted to use a reference statement written for me by a VA counseling psycholigist when I was employed as his work study student in 1980-1980. I had a claim back then but knew that I had succeeded. I wanted to use this glowing reference statement to show that even though I was 50% and 10%= 60% combined I was still a very productive member of society. Excellent grades, recommends me for employment, etc.

I thought this might be similar to the buddy letter concept. It is a snipet in time. 30 years later as medical problems have escalated- I can show the difference.

Just wanted to be sure I was actually at 50 since I am going for 70.

Good job for a vet in need of an answer!!

Glad I could I assist. Good Luck!