VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Change In Verification Letter On Ebenefits

Rate this question

xpertshot

Question

**** AB4 Letter

I noticed the percentage went away as noted in the previous topic. However, looking at my verification letter, it use to read that i was more than 30% service-connected (I'm 80% combined). Now the letter reads I'm at least 10% service connected but not more than 30%. I have a pending claim for tdiu with 70% major depression, 10% Lknee, 10% Rknee, and 10% sinusitus. Can anyone give me a clue as to what could be going on? On ebenefits, my claim had progressed to "pending desicion approval" and today it is back at "review of evidence".

I know the claim can go back and forth in status, but I'm concerned that the only document showing my percentage on ebenefits states that I'm not more than 30%. My benefit letter still shows the pay amount = to 80% minus the actual percentage listing as everyone else.

Thanks,

xpertshot

I looked at the letter again, it is the civil service preference letter (AB4)

Edited by xpertshot

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Did you happen so save an old copy of a previous letter? For civil service purposes, anything over 30% is mute. The highest you can get is 30% (or more) Compensable as far as preference goes. I'd still send an IRIS in to see what happened.

Yes, I have an old copy. However, I checked again today and it was back to normal stating that I'm more than 30%. I'm guessing it was just a glitch in the system with all the recent updates to ebenefits. Thanks for your advice but I'm glad it took care of itself without me needing to call.

I think they made the change during last weekend's update.