VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Meds By Mail Really Suck

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

My prescription for hydrocodone which was due on the 20th is being put in mail today probably cause I called and asked. Since it will leave TN tonight I have no hope of getting it tomorrow and my mail service has pretty much discontinued Sat service and Monday is a holiday I guess if I am lucky to get it on 29th or nine days late. That is being optimistic as there is almost no mail service on Tuesday either so may not see it before 11 days past when if I had a normal pharmacy I would have it delivered to me on the 20th.

What is my point I have no idea when I will get anything from the VA Meds by Mail program and it is always the pain or anxiety meds that get screwed up. What happens when the post office stops Sat delivery and why do I have to get pain meds from TN.

Why can't we just have a prescription card and use pharmacies that are convenient? I used to think my troubles with VA would be over once I got 100% but mistaken about that.

Another thing I had a stent put in by medicare in 2008 and the VA wanted to stop plavix and now they won't stop plavix although they think I should.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree - they keep holding refills. I heck by MyHealtheVet, and it says they were filled a week or more ago. Don't know what the issue is, but I'll bring up with my PCP next time I see him.

We live in a small town, but I normally get something in the mail everyday. I have noticed that we have not received any mail on a Saturday for the past month, however there is a lot of mail on Monday. So I was wondering if they have cut Saturday mail service without notifying anyone around here.

• HadIt.com Elder

I have to file paper every month to get my oxy and fentanyl. No matter when I mail in the form I may get my script on, say, June 2 to June 10th. I get exactly a one month supply. What do you think I do so that I don't go into "Jones". I don't buy off the street or pill mills or doctor shop. I have tried to explain that if I don't get these pills on time I will go into withdrawal. The VA does not care. I have talked to medical director, congressman etc. It gets better for a few months and then back to the same variability. I get the impression they just want to boot me off the program which I know they do since I have been on opiate program for 5 years plus. Now I am dependent. There solution is "just take less".

I get the other drugs ok except the constantly keep removing drugs from active list. We are just dogs to them. No, dogs are treated better.

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't think we should have to jump through hoops and save by taking less. I think when they mess up they should allow us to get the script at a nearby pharmacy and they should pay for it.

• HadIt.com Elder

The only way to get anything out of the VA is for thousands of vets to surround the place and just have a sit-in and let them drag us off to jail. Present a list of demands and damn the consequences.

None of them give a damn about us. The Vietnam era generation is already dead as far as they are concerned.