VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally I Won

Rate this topic

John46

CONGRATS!!...You finally hit the mile stone. What was the reason for the increase on your knee's?

Coot

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been 60% (right knee) for about 2 years and finally got the left knee (secondary 30%) about the same time. I have had about 11 surgeries on the right which include 3 TKR and a TKR on the left about a year and half ago. I already had 60% for IHD and an additional 10% in relation to clots related to the knees. At the last C&P the Dr. indicated that the severity of the left knee was equal to the right knee and checked the boxes that matched 60% on the rating schedule. The exam was for TDIU. What was ironic the echo test for the heart indicated that my METS were up which matched 30% (down from 60%) Even if there is a decrease for the heart and if there is an increase on the left knee to 60% I should be awarded 100% schedular but one never knows with the VA.

To anyone who is reading this please don't give up. I have filed and filed to get the left knee secondary and was told by service officers that 60% for a knee condition was virtually impossible. The key is be diligent and determined like a bulldog and pray that you get a good honest C&P Dr. who tells the truth.

I would trade all of it in tomorrow for good health again

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use