• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

• HadIt.com Elder

Just went to the mailbox and there it was the most beautiful white envelope that I had ever seen. I tore it open like a kid at Christmas. I saw the words permanent 100% schedular and moot for unemployability. It also contained forms concerning education etc. for dependents. Can't wait to call the number Monday for ChampVa. Thanks to all of you who unknowingly have helped me on this journey.

It seems that this (without reading the exact wording in the letter) is in fact, P&T. The accompanying paperwork should include instructions, etc. to obtain ChampVA for your dependents, life insurance, and educational benefits, as well as how to obtain a "Uniformed Services" ID card for yourself, spouse, and of appropriate, dependents. There are some really convoluted details relating to ChampVA, age, and Medicare. E Benefits will (when up to date) allow you to download VA letters that you can take to various state/county offices to obtain free or reduced fee license plates, property tax reductions, free fishing and hunting licenses, etc. In Georgia, many of the county tax and vehicle offices also insist on a letter from the state veterans dept representative.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Following is a word for word: "We assigned a permanent 100% combined or overall disability evaluation for your service connected disabilities effective 11-01-11.

Basic eligibility to Dependents Educational Assistance is granted from 11-01-11, the date entitlement arose"

The award letter went on to give info about how to contact ChampVa and all the other stuff you mentioned.

"The issue IU is moot as you are currently 100% schedular."

Thanks,

John46

• HadIt.com Elder

Following is a word for word: "We assigned a permanent 100% combined or overall disability evaluation for your service connected disabilities effective 11-01-11.

Basic eligibility to Dependents Educational Assistance is granted from 11-01-11, the date entitlement arose"

The award letter went on to give info about how to contact ChampVa and all the other stuff you mentioned.

Thanks,

John46

Congratulations, John46.

Bob

Thanks,

John46

Be sure to check out for any additional Federal and State Benefits that you

might now, be eligible for and also the insurance.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Ads

• Ads

• Similar Content

• By kanewnut
      Got my HLR call Saturday. Yes, Saturday. Hard to believe that someone in the VA is working on Saturday. Good thing the phone displayed VA or I wouldn't have bothered to answer it. I submitted my HLR back on 2 June 2020. Her call was on 24 October 2020. 144 days. The VA will definitely not make their goal of 125 days to the decision on this one. I am not sure what she had looked at in my case, if anything. She wanted to know what I was disagreeing with. I explained to her about the CUE I had filed, all the trouble I had getting VA to accept it. I explained to her how the VA had requested C&P exams when all I was trying to do was get the VA to look into a CUE. I explained to her how since the VA had done C&P exams the rater had put in the effort to communicate with the examiner twice to reduce a rating from 40% to 20%, yet the examiner couldn't find my SSA grant.  I explained to her about the SSA records in my C-file, how I had about 20 pages of someone else's records in the middle of my records. I told her maybe this is part of why someone didn't approve it sooner. I told her it looked to me like someone dropped the paper files and didn't have enough sense to separate the two files. I told her about the latest denial where the rater looked into the SSA records and found a denial but didn't look up the grant of benefits that is in the SSA records. I explained to her that I hadn't worked since June 2000. I told her about the VR&E denial based on my doctors statements. I told her how the raters kept denying me stating other evidence in my records showed I wasn't unemployable. I explained to her how the raters kept saying I quit my job, but M21-1 says that doesn't have any affect on the decision. She seemed very sympathetic. She said she would take care of me. Well, it will be very interesting to see if she does. I had a prior call from a lady at the Roanoke VA, she thought I was going to get approved. In just a few weeks I got the denial.   
      I had written to my congressman about all this crap. I got a reply back from the congressman's office but it was the same BS from the VA. I sent back to the congressman's office quite a few pages of all the documentation showing the VA crap. I think this was sent by the congressman to the VA Secretary Wilkie. I have no idea if this is at all related to the call or not. 
    • By georgia126532
      I'm currently service connected at 70% for PTSD with alcohol use disorder and situational specific phobia.  I also have a 50% rating for cirrhosis with hepatitis and alcoholic gastritis. During my claim, I listed PTSD as the disability that makes me unemployable but I was under the impression that VA would consider the combined affects of all disabilities.  Is this not the case? If anyone has advise on how I should proceed, that would be wonderful. Based on the symptoms listed in the my award letter, is it even worthwhile to appeal?

• By MileHigh
      If I were to get a job where  I was considered a Virtual Employee(with a big company) and Worked from my home. Is that considered a "sheltered environment"? Meaning would I get in trouble for working from home and make more than the poverty threshold?

Thank you Scott 

• By UpToHere
      I accept asknod’s points:
      1. Only the Secretary can award ER.
      2. There’s no way to appeal a *denied* ER petition.
      3. There’s no way to file an NOD for a denied ER petition.
      4. There’s no way to file a Writ at the Court.
      5. ER is a one-shot deal that’s not appealable.
      Nevertheless, I have a question:
      When VA provides its rationale for denying a petition for ER, and a review of the record unequivocally demonstrates VA misstated the record, is there a way other than NOD, CUE, Writ, or, Appeal, to urge VA to revisit its denial?
      To put this question another way:
      When VA cites the record to support its rationale for denying a petition for ER, and a review of the record unequivocally demonstrates VA *misstated* the record, can a petitioner invoke the Administrative Procedure Act, to prod VA to revisit its denial?
      “Administrative law” may sound like a boring subject, but it isn’t. It’s both fascinating and, in the 73-year history of the Administrative Procedure Act, more important than ever for providing the legal structure in which encounters between citizens and their government take place. The Administrative Procedure Act doesn’t tell the government what to do. It simply requires that actions of federal agencies be supported by reasoned decision-making. When challenged, agencies have to provide explanations that are plausible and consistent rather than “arbitrary and capricious.”
      https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/21/opinion/sunday/Supreme-Court-DACA-Trump-taxes.html
    • By Derrick stafford
      I am rated at 70%, 10% for each knee, 20% for right shoulder and 50% for  Depression and alcohol abuse due to chronic pain.  I also receive social security disability. Does anyone think I should try and get TDIU. VSO stated that I may get denied and even have my rating lower.
  • Ads

• Our picks

• Post in New BVA Grants
      While the BVA has some discretion here, often they "chop up claims".  For example, BVA will order SERVICE CONNECTION, and leave it up to the VARO the disability percent and effective date.  

I hate that its that way.  The board should "render a decision", to include service connection, disability percentage AND effective date, so we dont have to appeal "each" of those issues over then next 15 years on a hamster wheel.  
    • Finally heard back that I received my 100% Overall rating and a 100% PTSD rating Following my long appeal process!

My question is this, given the fact that my appeal was on the advanced docket and is an “Expedited” appeal, what happens now and how long(ish) is the process from here on out with retro and so forth? I’ve read a million things but nothing with an expedited appeal status.

Anyone deal with this situation before? My jump is from 50 to 100 over the course of 2 years if that helps some. I only am asking because as happy as I am, I would be much happier to pay some of these bills off!
      • 13 replies
    • I told reviewer that I had a bad C&P, and that all I wanted was a fair shake, and she even said, that was what she was all ready viewed for herself. The first C&P don't even  reflect my Treatment in the VA PTSD clinic. In my new C&P I was only asked about symptoms, seeing shit, rituals, nightmares, paying bills and about childhood, but didn't ask about details of it. Just about twenty question, and  nothing about stressor,
    • This is the latest Compensation & Pension (C&P) Clinicians Guide dated 20180719. The only other one I've seen is dated 2002, including the one on this website and the VA website. I got this from my claims agent, who got it from the VA.

VA Compensation & Pension (C&P) Clinicians Guide 2 Final Corrected 20180719.pdf
        • Thanks
      • 12 replies
    • I don’t say thank you enough to all of you...
      You, yes you, are the reason HadIt.com has remained a resource-rich resource. Thousands come each month to read, ask questions, or to feel a sense of community.

Last month June 2020, we over 50k visitors they viewed over 160k pages. Veterans and their advocates, spouses, children, and friends of veterans come looking for answers. Because we have posts dating back 15 years and articles on the home page, they usually can find an answer or at least get pointed in the right direction.

You all made that possible. Thank you.
      • 8 replies
  • Ads

• Popular Contributors

• Ad

• Latest News

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines