VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Delay Of Claim.

Rate this question

Papa

Question

I just saw in EBenefits that the VA wants me to send them a form tlo get my medical records from my Poditrist (Foot Doctor). They have the form already and I sent them the medical records over a year ago. Of course, I will do it again, but after this, what will be next?

Papa

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

You've got to be kidding me... It looks as they are working on your claim but it seems like "the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. They must have posted that before the system went under maintenance on friday night.

If the form is over a year old they will need a new one. However, if your have already sent in the information you are delaying your claim by having them send for the same information. If there is updated information pick it up and send it in yourself. Tell them to ignore the 21-4142 that your previously sent in.

If the form is over a year old they will need a new one. However, if your have already sent in the information you are delaying your claim by having them send for the same information. If there is updated information pick it up and send it in yourself. Tell them to ignore the 21-4142 that your previously sent in.

Sharon,

Maybe I do not understand your post, but with most claims being over a year old for most Vets, all the VA will need to do is ask for a new form. Your second sentence is very confusing. Of course, I sent in the required information with the initial claim. I did not ask the VA to request this information, it came as a total surprise to me. I will send them the information, and like you suggest ignore the 21-4142, but I will seek the advice of my Lawyers prior to doing anything.

Papa

• HadIt.com Elder

Papa. a little Harlan county advice.

Follow this little lady's advice to the letter. She can really help you.

Basser

Papa. a little Harlan county advice.

Follow this little lady's advice to the letter. She can really help you.

Basser

I understand what you are saying, but maybe I just do not understand what she is telling me. Actually, I do not understand why the VA is asking for information that they already have. I really did not mean any disrespect towards Sharon.

Papa

• HadIt.com Elder

Nothing negative Papa.

The RO is just playing its games even though the information is in the file they seldom look past the blue sheet to see.

They take the road that is easiest for them. Get the information again.

We just about have to do their jobs for them.

J