VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Delay Of Claim.

Rate this question

Papa

Question

I just saw in EBenefits that the VA wants me to send them a form tlo get my medical records from my Poditrist (Foot Doctor). They have the form already and I sent them the medical records over a year ago. Of course, I will do it again, but after this, what will be next?

Papa

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with John about the VA being dead lazy. They don't look into your C-File except to find some reason to try and deny your claim. The VA often creates a temporary C-file when you file for an increase. If it is not in the temp file they are often too lazy to look beyond. How far is the VARO from your house? I might just take copies of evidence and hand carry it to them and then speak to a counselor. Sometimes you can just tell the VA to make their rating with the evidence they have if you are sure they have it all. The VA has asked for the same information many times. It is not unusual and it is not personal. The VA is a big meat grinder and our claims are the meat.

John

The Houston RO is about a 4-5 hour drive from San Antonio, and if you hit traffic, add about 2-3 hours. It would also entail an over night stay. I did go to the local VA Benefit office here in San Antonio prior to getting this medical request, and the Supervisor said he would need to get back to me. I am not holding my breath. I have also talked to the Case Management people at the 202 number, and they are investigating.

Papa

• HadIt.com Elder

If you have to resubmit this stuff do it via certified mail/ return receipt. I am sure you already know this but waiting while the VA seems to lose your stuff does tend to drive a person crazy. I have been through it as have about most of the people here I bet. This process of waiting and dealing with the VA separates those with urgent claims from those who just are trying for a few extra bucks. No one would go through this being unemployed for months if they were not sincere. I picked up most of the information from employers, SSD and even St. Louis and sent it myself to them.

John

I always send anything to the VA return receipt. I'm waiting on the medical records people where I had treatment to call me when they have all of them together.

I also received a call from the Houston RO and found out that I'm being scheduled for an exam on my Back, Hips, and Knees. I said I should consider this a good thing. They finally have seen my Back injury in my SMC. It only took about 40 years. He did say due to this being so old, it is getting attention. Its about time.

Papa