VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Looking For Advice

Rate this question

WVSERVER

Question

I am looking for advice.

Huntington WV VARO has had my initial claim for 15 months in the 1st phase with no movement. It does have several things listed. All items are in my medical records which I gave them a copy of. I was even MEB/PEB for sleep apnea. I provided them a copy of that also. They received my service treatment records last June.

My rep from the West Virginia Department of Veteran Services say wait it out looking at the average time for a case to be determined in Huntington my should pop anytime now

(It’s about 120 days over average). He says at about the 17th month mark I should ask for an audit.

My Senator Jay Rockefeller says I should fill out a release form and let him look into it. That 15 months is too long on a initial claim.

What do you Hadit vet think I should do if anything?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

That is a very long time to wait on a claim that you were MEB/PEB for since there is no dispute that you have severe sleep apnea. How long were you in the service? I am not sure it would hurt to have your senator look into the delay.

Carlie and John999 thank you both for the replies.

Carlie not to sound rude, but I really don’t know what I would do or who to talk to once I got there (Your advice would be appreciated)? It seem like every time I talk to someone at the VA I get the standard we have 9,000,000 claims in the system unless your terminal or homeless we will get to it when we get to it. I have been to my local VA here in Martinsburg about 3 times it did not help. Huntington is about a 5hr one-way trip.

John999 I am seriously considering the senator option at this point. I just talk to my rep at the WV Department of Veteran Services who told me he would get an answer to what was going on. Well he did not even remember my name when I talked to him today. I told him the back story and reminded him on what he said. He apologized and said he would call me back by the end of the day, well needless to say no phone call.

Hopefully I wasn’t to negative I know we are all navigating the same system and that everyone experience is different. I am just a little frustrated with my experience at this point. I am trying to understand that the system and employees are both are extremely overloaded.

P.S John999 I was on active duty for six years.

Edited by WVSERVER