VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Please Advise On Possible Cue

Rate this question

Mike409

Question

Hello fellow Vets and friends of HADIT

Im considering filing a CUE claim and would like opinions on facts related cause there are some very knowlegeable vets here!

1. 1978 in service surgery performed on hand. Diagnosis Caverous Hemangioma, no medical history prior to service.

2. inadequate procedure worsen condition and create residuals SMR documented including nerve damage, marked range of motion deficit, wrist and fingers

3. permanent profile issued limited duty until discharge. 1979 honorable discharge.

4. claim filed within 1 year and denied. NOD but no appeal. no representation

5. SOC issued states VA neurological examination was negative, "reasons for decision" claims numerous conflicting statements regarding date of origin and not aggravated by any incident in service also surgery was remedial for a condition existing prior to induction.

6. 2006 TDIU awarded after condition worsened and unable to work for 2 years prior based on exact same condition.

opinions on possible CUE? if possible, where do i start? What am I missing here?

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

1. 1978 in service surgery performed on hand.

6. 2006 TDIU awarded

I have two ore questions if you feel like answering.

1) Exactly how long was it from the time of your induction,

until the date of your first SMR with complaints of this condition

and exactly how long until the "1978 in service surgery performed on hand" ?

2) Exactly what is stated in it's entirety, in the Reasons and Basis Section

on the issue of "2006 TDIU awarded" ?

Carlie, thanks for the very through explaination on why im likely wrong in considering a CUE. on your questions regarding induction if i remember right it was more than a year after getting in and about another year until surgery. regarding the entirety of TDIU, will decline to reveal the complete reasons and bases. perhaps I should explore an EED.

Broncovet, yes youre probably right, an EED sounds more reasonable. no sense in making it harder than necessary when EED is, in effect the outcome im interested in.

thanks to all, i will likely need to take advice to get lawyer to review all the documents i have.

Hadit is an excellent resource even if you dont hear what you want to hear!