VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vets Va Pension Terminated -

Rate this question

carlie

Question

Hotline Tip Reveals Veteran’s Income from Selling Drugs, Results in Terminated VA Pension and Overpayment Collection

A Hotline tip from a law enforcement agency resulted in the retroactive suspension of a Veteran’s nonservice connected pension, which VA began paying to the Veteran in 1998.

A review conducted by the St. Paul, MN, VARO found that the Veteran failed to report to VA substantial, regular income from selling illegal drugs.

As a result, the VARO terminated the Veterans’ pension and began collecting $126,276 in overpayments.

http://www.va.gov/oig/pubs/VAOIG-SAR-2012-1.pdf

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Carlie you ma'am are a goddess. I am going to repond in full to the below caption that I took. Remember when I commented that I was hurt by a physicians assistant in the Orthopedic wing of the Dallas VA? I was confused on why I was going back to the C&P doctor after I reported this guy. Please see below

Triage, Communication, and Referral Practices Between ED and Primary Care in Need of Improvement at Dallas VAMC

OIG conducted an inspection to determine the validity of allegations concerning quality of care, safety, and management issues in the ED at the Dallas, TX, VAMC. OIG substantiated allegations of inadequate triage practices by registered nurses (RNs), poor communication, and inappropriate referrals of patients from the primary care clinics (PCCs) to the ED. OIG did not substantiate allegations of a delayed admission, poor surgery response to ED consultation requests, inadequate stafng, inappropriate scheduling of physicians, and excessive verbal and physical assaults on ED staff. Additionally, OIG identied improvement opportunities related to orthopedic consultations, the work environment, and the inter-facility transfer process. OIG recommended that the Facility Director ensure that: (1) RN triage practices are consistently performed and that training is completed; (2) communication between the ED and PCCs is improved; (3) managers monitor orthopedic surgery response timeliness; (4) ED managers and staff undergo training to help promote a positive work environment; and (5) the current inter-facility process is assessed and that appropriate administrative support is provided for required paperwork. Management agreed with the ndings and recommendations and provided acceptable action plans

Funny how the IG had to get involved in this.